December 2014 Moms

Transitioning out of Merlin?

its getting way too warm for the Merlin! Any times for leaving it behind? So far he just screams! I did buy a Zipadeezip. It gets here Thursday so I'll try it this weekend.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Transitioning out of Merlin?

• I'd like to know as well. I'm thinking it's making him wake up early from naps because he's getting hot.
  • weer456weer456 member
    Just wondering if you're using the cotton or fleece Merlin Sleep Suit. I'm using the fleece suit right now but was planning on purchasing the cotton version this week since I heard it wasn't as hot as the fleece one.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm already using the cotton one.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am too.

Today when he woke up from his morning nap he felt so hot, even though it was just 74 in the house. He didn't act uncomfortable though.
  • So yesterday I did it. I bought a Zipadeezip in size medium, even though they recommend small for babies under 6 months. He is 20 weeks, 18.5 lbs and 28 inches long. He is already wearing 12 mo pjs. First we tried his afternoon nap. He woke after about 20 minutes really unhappy. He ended up falling asleep in his car seat later and sleeping there for two hours.

So I tried it for bed time. I read since they sleep more deeply at night it's a good time to transition. I told myself I'd be happy with a couple hours and then he could go back in the Merlin. He slept in his crib from 8:15pm to 6:40 am! I did see him awake around midnight for awhile, but he never complained, just rolled around for awhile until he fell asleep again. I am so pleased. He usually wakes around four for a feeding, so this was unusual. Usually if he skips his 4am feeding he is up at 5 or 5:30!

The Zipadeezip is also adorable, he has room to grow, and I don't have to worry about him rolling over in it. I just expected a few sleepless nights to transition.
    BabyFetus Ticker