October 2015 Moms

help, Advice needed, 17 weeks and contractions/cramping for over a week!

So im really frusturated now. I am 17 weeks along last week i started to have contractions/cramping that was painful. Called my mw she had me go ij and get checked. The mw is in a bigger town 45 min away so i went into the rural smal town hospital. They did blood/urine tests and and u/s. All said were normal and cervix is long. So they had no idea what to tell me. I hate calling te mw bc they seem like they think im making it up or over reacting. This is baby #4 so i know what contraction pain is. Any ideas what is going on and what i should do. They didn't check my cervix, or monitor for contractions or anything. Blood/urine, 2 min u/s and sent me home with Tylenol. This is my 4th so I know what contractions feel like ya know?

Re: help, Advice needed, 17 weeks and contractions/cramping for over a week!

• I would call the midwife and try to get in with her/them. Hospitals are great in most cases but this just seems like you need to be seen by YOUR midwife not some random person who doesn't really know your history.
  • I agree with pp, call your MW and make sure they see you. ER docs are not obgyn's, and if you're still having problems, you need to be seen.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml