Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

birth control confusion!?!

Hey ladies,
So i am the worst at taking birth control and we aren't freaking out if i forgot or lose my pack. However, I took the first week of my pack and then left it at my parents. They live far away so i just left it and would start a new one when my period came back. That was march 28th and i still haven't had a period as of now. Took a pregnancy test and it says negative. Is it too early to think I could be pregnant or is my body just out of whack. Thanks for your thoughts!

Re: birth control confusion!?!

• Options
    Jags8Jags8 member
    We don't guess at pregnancy. The test was negative. You're not pregnant at this time.
  • Options
    If it's negative, you're not pregnant.

Just a thought, maybe try a back up method if you if can't remember to take it every day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    nicoleann21nicoleann21 member
    edited April 2015
    If the test was negative you aren't pregnant at this time. Were you not using another form of protection after you stopped taking your pill?
    Maybe you should talk to your doctor about a more permanent form of BC if this is a reoccurring issue for you..

Edit: typo
    Me: 28 DH: 30
    TTC #1: April 2015
    BFP: 4/25/15
    EDD: 1/5/16
  • Options
    Thank you alex I am at a point in my marriage where i am not worried about a back up method. I had an iud for years until it failed so the pill is a new thing for me and we are planning on ttc after fire season this summer. I appreciate your thoughts. 
  • Options
    Lambsbleu said:

Thank you alex I am at a point in my marriage where i am not worried about a back up method. I had an iud for years until it failed so the pill is a new thing for me and we are planning on ttc after fire season this summer. I appreciate your thoughts. 

Okay, then my suggestion would be to read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni W. to get a sense of how your body works. Pumping a weeks worth of hormones into your body, then stopping, is going to mess things up. Either take it, find another method, or ditch it.
  • Options
    Thank you, i will check that book out!