Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Introduction from the newbie

Rubin1030Rubin1030 member
edited April 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Hi there I am a stepmother of 2 ages 8,11. We got married in October and want to start planning for a baby of our own. We have a family vacation scheduled for May 30th to June 7th we have distillerys, theme parks, zoos, and winery's planned. I have one BC ring left after I took one out tonight so that one will last until right before we leave for our trip. If I order another pack I get 3 which is 3 months we would like to start trying we were hoping for June we were talking about not putting the last one in but I nervous about our trip plus I have been getting horrible migraines lately I went to the doctor about then today. I have had 3 in one week and before this I didn't have one since January and I only had one. I use to get them all the time and it's been going away I'm nervous about the medication with TTC. I follow up with my doctor on the 28th of May with new labs and everything as long as I don't have another migraine before then. What's your opinion should I just go ahead and ditch the BC now? Has anyone else experienced migraines while pregnant? I worry about the age difference between my step children and relationship they will have. Sorry for the long introduction but this is my story and questions for you other TTC's.

Re: Introduction from the newbie

• Options
    tigerfish227tigerfish227 member
    edited April 2015
    Welcome, not much experience with migraines as I haven't had trouble with them for years. You should check with your doctor on what is and isn't OK while ttc as far as meds go.

My fiance has 2 boys age 10 & 8. I wouldn't worry too much about the age gap. I was 7 and my sister was 8 when my little brother was born. I get along much better with him than her.

Be sure to take some time to lurk around and get familiar with the board.

ETA because how did that extra word get in there?
  • Options
    No advice, but welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What do you mean ETA I know that it means but I don't understand what you want me to do with it.

I pray I don't have anymore I'm waiting on my lab work to go over everything I started taking vitamins already but I have no thyroid so I have to take replacement hormones. I'm hoping my levels will be good with my next round of labs that also might shead some light on the migraines. Considering we weren't going to start seriously trying until after our trip we were going to bring it up with my pcp that I see the 28th of May. I guess I have been reading too much lol I read not having a thyroid can make it even impossible to conceive naturally.
  • Options
    angc4angc4 member
    I also have a 9 y/o step daughter, I think she is looking forward to it, as she has been involved in our relationship for the past 8 years and looked forward to us getting married etc.

I was also on the Nuva ring.. If it were me, I would def take this last one and protect your vaca, but I would let refill... The more time you can get to regulate the better!
    Good luck!
    28, DH - 30 
    Married 10/04/14 
    TTC since 1/1/15
    BFP 5/28/15
    MC 6/9/15
    BFP#2 9/21/15 - EDD 5/20/16
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Rubin1030 said:

What do you mean ETA I know that it means but I don't understand what you want me to do with it.

ETA=edited to add
  • Options
    I'm leaning that way even though I want to start now. Enjoying a well deserved family vacation would be best plus I really don't want to end up with an issues while I'm out of start.

We have a boy age 11 and a girl age 8. I think she would be excited however he has made it clear that he doesn't want another sibling one is enough is what he told dad when he was asked.
  • Options
    I fixed a mistake in spelling after posted it am I not allowed to fix an error? No one had even commented on it yet.
  • Options
    angc4angc4 member
    No you are fine! It's just that since it shows when a post was edited, it's just nice to let people know you didn't change your message completely or some other crazy thing ...
    Mine has a typo that I didn't catch also :|

That's funny about your boy! I think it comes with the territory!!!
    28, DH - 30 
    Married 10/04/14 
    TTC since 1/1/15
    BFP 5/28/15
    MC 6/9/15
  • Options
    Rubin1030 said:

I fixed a mistake in spelling after posted it am I not allowed to fix an error? No one had even commented on it yet.

By all means yes. Fix whatever you want. Generally the etiquette is to add in a note on why you edited your post since the time stamp on the post will show that you did it. It's not really required but it is appreciated especially if you make any major changes.
  • Options
    angc4angc4 member
    Also I'm not being a good example, but when replying to a specific persons comment you can always use @ and then type in the screen name ,so that the person knows. Or just click quote
    @Rubin1030
    28, DH - 30 
    Married 10/04/14 
    TTC since 1/1/15
    BFP 5/28/15
    MC 6/9/15
  • Options
    ecmbecmb member
    I tend to be in the "go ahead and get off bc as soon as possible" camp. That being said, I've had friends who got pregnant immediately and others that took over a year to get pregnant. I can't tell you what to do. But if I had it to do over again I would have gone off bc a lot earlier.

Me: 32  Hubby: 31

Married 12/29/12

Started TTC July 2014

Miscarriage August 2014

Emmett born February 2016

Expecting Baby #2 in August 2017

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/544e80

• Options
    angc4 said:

No you are fine! It's just that since it shows when a post was edited, it's just nice to let people know you didn't change your message completely or some other crazy thing ...
    Mine has a typo that I didn't catch also :|

That's funny about your boy! I think it comes with the territory!!!

I gotcha I just didnt because no one had comments on it :-) good note for next time.
    I have to agree I think he will come around.
  • Options
    ecmb said:

I tend to be in the "go ahead and get off bc as soon as possible" camp. That being said, I've had friends who got pregnant immediately and others that took over a year to get pregnant. I can't tell you what to do. But if I had it to do over again I would have gone off bc a lot earlier.

I feel like that as well but I also fee my luck it will be the first time around and I will have morning sickness or something and not be able to enjoy any of the adult beverages we have planned and the theme park which I love roller coasters we have been planning this trip for a while as we are going to surprise my grandma who just turned 88.