July 2015 Moms
Options

Anyone Doing Bradley?

ChristyM87ChristyM87 member
edited April 2015 in July 2015 Moms
Anyone else taking Bradley classes? My husband and I just started our Bradley class this week. So far it seems helpful and I think it is helping the father know more what to expect

Re: Anyone Doing Bradley?

• Options
    What are Bradley classes? I love learning about this stuff!
  • Options
    Ckorines said:

What are Bradley classes? I love learning about this stuff!

Dr. Bradley was an OB from back in the 50's and 60's that developed his own curriculum for natural childbirth focused prenatal classes. The class accomplishes this by utilizing the partner as the coach during labor
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had planned on taking Bradley classes but time got away from me. I only have 9 weeks left and they are all 12 week classes. So it looks like I will just be taking a childbirth class through my hospital. Looks like "go day" my husband and myself will kind of be winging it! :)
  • Options
    My hubby and I are taking the classes!! We're in the 4th week now and we love it!!!:-)
  • Options
    I haven't heard of this but we are naming our son bradley!
  • Options
    We are starting our Bradley classes next Thursday!! Hubby is already reading the book - he's further into it than I am. I love that the birth becomes a bonding experience between partners with this method. It also eliminates the need of a doula because hubby becomes your doula. The key to making Bradley successful is a really strong bond and high level of communication between the partners. 
  • Options
    Me, me, me! We found a 6 week condensed course, with homework and outside assignments. It seems awesome, the best part is just having something me and the hubs can do together as a team. :)
  • Options
    babydubabydu member
    Just finished our course, loved it and would recommend it to everyone! I'm not so nervous anymore and feel pretty confident and excited about giving birth!
  • Options
    ChristyM87ChristyM87 member
    edited May 2015
    We
    babydu said:

Just finished our course, loved it and would recommend it to everyone! I'm not so nervous anymore and feel pretty confident and excited about giving birth!

This sounds wonderful. I am actually not nervous about the pain of labor or delivering a baby. I am more nervous about the post partum recovery

• Options
    We had a Bradley birth (unmedicated) with our son and we've been reviewing techniques this time around. It was a great and really empowering experience, although prep is a ton more work than most other strategies I've read up on.