Infertility

Low Stimulation IVF

Hi all,
I am getting really confused all these different boards. I thought I was posting on infertility but I guess I posted on the Trouble TTC board, which gets a lot less action. Anyway, we went to the RE yesterday for the first time, UCSD Reproductive Partners. My doctor recommends the low stimulation IVF cycle with transfer of frozen embryo. I am 35 and have a premature low ovarian supply, 5 follicles on the left, 2 on the right. The hubs has plenty of sperm but they are slow swimmers. So, she thinks we should go straight to IVF which I am totally fine with. It's not cheap, estimated at $22 for one round. We could do ATTAIN for about $28-30k for 2 rounds. Insurance doesn't cover a thing. I am not so worried about the money because we have it. But it is a huge financial decision.

I think the program Dr. Friedman wants to put me on is legit. I knew it was going to be a big appointment, but now I feel excited and overwhelmed! I just want to start!

Has anyone else done a low stimulation frozen transfer? Does anyone else suffer from premature ovarian failure? Where are you at in your journey?
Me: 37 / Hubs: 42
TTC: April 2013
DOR: AMH .3 - 1.31 (it varies); FSH: 5.1
Clinic NMCSD
IUI #1 July/Aug 2016
IVF #1 Sep/Oct Microdose Lupron Protocol - IVF cancelled only 1 follicle
IVF #2 Feb/Mar Antagonist protocol w/estrogen priming - 0 eggs retrieved (empty follicle syndrome) 
Donor Egg Cycle as soon as we find a match

Re: Low Stimulation IVF

• Welcome! It is exciting to start a new journey. I am about to start my 3rd cycle now so my biggest suggestion is to mentally prepare for multiple cycles. You very well may nail it the first round but it seems to take some trial and error for most before succeeding. Personally, I focus on how neat the science behind it is and love learning the different parts!

I always do a FET because we do PGS testing on our embryos. I like the FET personally. I haven't done a low stimulation protocol.

I wish you the best of luck! I am so excited to start my next one I can hardly stand it so it's fun to see you are starting!