Going nuts waiting on my OB apt. — The Bump
January 2016 Moms

Going nuts waiting on my OB apt.

I called my OB to make an appointment on Monday and they aren't taking me till June 2nd, at 9 weeks!!!  I know most don't schedule till week 8 but I'm seriously going nuts thinking about how long I have to wait.  There are so many mixed messages in everything I research and I just have soooo many questions.  Also I didn't want to tell my parents till after my first appointment, but I know I can't hold out that long.  I think I'm going to cave and tell them on Mother's Day.
Anyone else impatiently waiting on their first appointment?  What are you doing to calm yourself down?  
Me: 28 DH: 30
TTC #1: April 2015
BFP: 4/25/15
EDD: 1/5/16
Steph LynChristyM87

Re: Going nuts waiting on my OB apt.

• My OB isn't having me come in until June 18th! Seems so far away!  I don't know how to help the anxiety, I"ll be going crazy myself. 
    EDD 1/3/16
    nicoleann21
  • That's normal.  This is baby #5 for me and mine doesn't see you until 9 weeks as well.  My appointment is June 3rd!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby #5 due 12.31.15

nicoleann21
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm due (by my calculations) on 1.6.16 and my husband and I decided to wait until after the first appt to tell anyone seeing as this is our second child. I called to make the appt and the very first opening is May 19th. I about died! I've been wanting to share the good news so bad! We decided we're going to tell our two best friends 5.8 and then our patents all on Mothers Day. We got our daughter a shirt that says, "This year mommy has two reasons to celebrate Mothers Day" with a girl elephant and a baby elephant on it. :) It's killing me inside not being able to tell anyone.
    nicoleann21ErinkaDaphneMoon1
  • DD = 1/4/16 and my OB appt is May 26th at 8 weeks. I can't wait!
    nicoleann21
  • I know you ladies are going nuts too, but I'm jealous!  What I wouldn't give for a May appointment lol. I think I might call tomorrow and ask that they keep me in mind if they have any cancelations, I'll be that lady and I don't even care.  
    Me: 28 DH: 30
    TTC #1: April 2015
    BFP: 4/25/15
    EDD: 1/5/16
  • I'm getting in early but only because I had a miscarriage earlier this year. We are going to discuss drawing betas. I don't think I want to because it doesn't change anything and it will just make me stress.
    nicoleann21
  • Same here! My appointment is on May 20th.  I guess it's not that bad, because it is only three weeks away and I don't have to wait until June like some of you ladies!  I would really be going crazy then. @nicoleann21 I would totally call and ask if I were you!  The worst they can say is no right?  It's worth a try! 

Is anyone going to try to get a blood test from their primary care doctor or anything? Is that something that people do?  This is my first and DH and I feel like we won't really believe it until we hear it from the mouth of a doctor!
    nicoleann21
  • My appointment is scheduled for Monday, and we have only found out this past Tuesday. The reason for going in so soon is that I had just had Mirena removed in March and never had a legitimate period (at least not one that I truly noticed). I have no clue how far along I am or when/if I had a LMP to date this. I'm assuming i'm only about 3-4 weeks and was just lucky to have gotten an early BFP. Either way, super excited!
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

nicoleann21
  • My appointment is May 21.  I decided that I will tell anyone who I would want to go to for support if something happened.  I am telling my parents on Mother's day, along with my in-laws.

As for keeping sane, having quite got that one figured out yet!
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married 11/24/13
    DD1 born 12/24/15
    TTC #2 Aug. 16
    BFP for #2 11/22/16

Aug17 December Siggy Challenge: Funny Pics of Kids Afraid of Santa

nicoleann21
  • mollyj931mollyj931 member
    edited April 2015
    I haven't even called yet and probably won't until at least next week. I'm guessing I won't get in until the beginning of June, closer to 8-9 weeks.
    My 2 previous pregnancies I didn't even see a Dr. until closer to 12 weeks. A long wait!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    nicoleann21
  • I got my BFP Tuesday and called the doctor and my appt is for june 3rd. By my calculations I'm due January 8th! We told my mother in law as we had to cancel our dinner plans with her last night because I just wanted crackers and bed. She said back in the "old" days you only saw a doctor like 4 or 5 times the whole pregnancy! That seems crazy I feel like I should be my Ob ' s best friend!!! I asked the nurse about coming into confirm it and she said I could but the test they use are exactly the home pregnancy test and blood test don't get done unless there is reason for concern because so many insurance companies are being picky about what they pay for and if you have had one done recently (I had one done and month ago prior to an xray) insurance companies won't pay for all these "extra"...... Easy for them to say!
    nicoleann21
  • EmXaEmXa member
    I am so glad so many ladies feel the same way. My GP didn't even want to see me until I was 12 weeks pregnant and that would only be for an appontment to refer me to a OB which takes about 6 weeks! I think its nuts I would be in my 2nd trimester before a doctor would even verify my pregnancy. I managed to get a an appt. at 6 weeks only because I told the receptionist I am a first time mom who is panicking since I don't know what to do.
    I mean what if I had no clue I needed to take folic acid, it would be to late by the time I saw a doc for them to tell me to start taking it.
    nicoleann21
  • My appointment isn't until June 8th. I'll be 9w6d. They had an opening on the 5th but that didn't work with my husbands schedule.

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    nicoleann21
  • I have an appointment on Tuesday it's for laboratory work I don't know if I am going to be seen by midwife though I didn't ask they just said it's my first appointment and it will take up to 2hrs I don't remember it's been 8 years since I had my last baby and this is a different clinic
    nicoleann21
  • My EDD is 1/1/16 I can't wait to go see the doctor. Its my first pregnancy and we wanted to wait until after we talked to my doctor appt (may 18) before telling our families. But decided to tell them mothers day, since that day my brother will be home too. We are so excited!!; I wish OBs would see us sooner, so they could answer our questions rather than searching the web and stressing out! I just want the doctor to tell me everything looks good and we're healthy!
    Ltpd201nicoleann21TeeShannon
  • @littlemoose16 Mother's Day is the most fitting day ever to announce it too! That is perfect.  I wish I had waited until then to tell my family, but I talk to them almost every day and I knew I couldn't wait almost two weeks before saying something.  Congrats!
    nicoleann21
  • My EDD is 1/2/16, I get to meet with a nurse for the OB in about 3-4 weeks but don't get to see my OB until I'm between 10-12 weeks and I already have a feeling that is going to feel like forever just getting to that first OB appt since this is our first!
    nicoleann21
  • My first appointment is May 14th. I'm so anxious because it's my first! I am having my levels checked and should know if they are increasing by next week. At least I will have a little piece of mind!
  • My appointment is May 11th and I'm due Jan. 9th with my first. I thought that was soon since we just found out on Tuesday but I am not complaining and it still seems so far away!
  • adcc43adcc43 member
    I haven't even called yet! My OBGYN died last summer so I am putting off finding a new. I loved him and got along great with his staff. He was the only doctor in his practice I would see. Now I want a new doc but am in the process of research and asking friends for referrals. Asking friends is hard bc we aren't telling everyone just yet.

• I thought May 18th was a long time.