Baby Names

Naming baby girl #3

We just found out baby #3 is a girl. We've used our two favorite girl names (Carina and Aurelia) and settling on a third has been difficult. Our last name is 4 syllables and very Italian. Begins with a G.

My husband mentioned Serafina the other day and I really like it, but I worry that it's too similar/rhymey with Carina. What are your thoughts? 

Any other suggestions? We'd like to stick with an Italian/Latin name. Thanks!
image  image
Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3

Re: Naming baby girl #3

• Serafina is a little rhymey with Carina but not prohibitally so. (If that makes sense.) I have a few Italian names I love but can't use, so here's my list:
    Antonia
    Vita
    Elisabetta
    Allegra
    Gabriella
    Maria

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • No to Serafina. It's too pixie-ish for me. I just can't picture it on a real person. Other great names with Italian origins that would go great with your DDs:

Bianca
    Cecelia
    Emilia
    Francesca
    Gemma
  • Loading the player...
  • I think Serafina would sound perfect with your dds, although I prefer the ph spelling personally. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love Serafina. It was on my list for a girl. It is somewhat matchy with Carina, but not really a deal breaker.
  • Serafina is a great name but too close to Carina

Marianna
    Gianna
    adrianna
    Tessa
    Teresa
    Paula
    Nadia
    Natalia

• I think Serephina is too matchy with Carina.

My fav Italian name is Lucia. Also love Stella.
  • I do think that Carina and Serafina are very rhymey, but I still think that it would work with your sibset.  If you had chosen Serafina for a second daughter, I think that that would sound silly paired only with Carina.  But since you have a second daughter named Aurelia, which sounds nothing like the other two names, I think that it breaks up the rhyme.  I hope that that makes sense!

• Carina, Aurelia and...

Bianca
    Chiara
    Giulia/Giuliana
    Lucia
    Mirella
    Renata
    Valentina

• I think its too matchy. I love the suggestions of Bianca, Valentina and Lucia.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Definitely too close to Carina. I like the Giuliana and Natalia suggestions.