August 2015 Moms

Headaches

taaaaayyy19taaaaayyy19 member
edited April 2015 in August 2015 Moms
I am 23 weeks pregnant and over the past couple of days I've been getting horrible headaches. This is my first pregnancy and I never got headaches like this before. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow and I'm going to talk to her about it then. But is this something I should be really worried about or is it a pretty common thing?

Re: Headaches

• It's pretty common. I got migraines through my first tri and at the beginning of my second tri I started getting a b12 shot which is a vitamin that made my migraines go away
  • Okay thank you so much!
  • Loading the player...
  • Very common, unfortunately. Try Tylenol with caffeine, that seems to work best for the bad ones.
  • I get them quite a bit. Usually I try to avoid it, but Tylenol is always great to have around when a bad one strikes!
  • Yup!!!! I use essential oils, chocolate , and cola pop!!! It helps to a degree and if I'm in pain to where I can't get out of bed , well I take Tylenol. I started putting hot water on a wash cloth then putting on face to open the sinuses. Hope you feel better. Headaches are the worse
  • Completely normal. Hot chocolate with a teaspoon or so of cinnamon works great for me, but I cut all caffeine otherwise, so I'm not sure if it would be as effective if you drink it regularly...
  • Normal.  I was getting them often and bad a few months ago.  Tylenol and caffeine just wasn't cutting it anymore.  OB suggested I try adding a magnesium supplement.  She suggested 300mg but all I could find was 250.  It's helping a lot!  Also helps with the leg cramps I was getting in the middle of the night.
  • This pregnancy has given me the worst headaches! I noticed that if I drink more water it really helps.. and if there super bad then definitely some Tylenol and caffeine.
  • Chiropractic helped with my headaches earlier in my pregnancy. Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • You can also try Epsom salt bath. This helped mine some - again it's the magnesium. I also have a gluten sensitivity, and if I cheat at all I get a headache. Unfortunate, because with my first I could eat it all I wanted! Hot peppers will open the blood vessels and may help, but beware of heartburn
  • I see a chiro every two weeks to help with headaches and sciatica. If I get one between visits, I try to drink more water and take two Tylenol. Hormones are a real treat, no?! Good luck. Hope you can get some relief!