Infertility
Options

What did everyone do after their Egg Transfer?

what did everyone do after a egg transfer? I know de says rest at home for 3 days? I mean does that literally mean stay in bed? I'm so nervous!! Egg transfer this Wednesday! So I don't know do I stay in bed be waited on hand and foot.... Move around a little get blood circulating good??? I dont know please help! Anyone out there have a successful egg transfer and what did you do??!! Thanks

Re: What did everyone do after their Egg Transfer?

• Options
    ***loss mentioned***

I did strict bedrest for IVF #1 and had a chemical pregnancy. I meant to for IVF #2 but ended up getting the worst stomach bug of my life the night of the transfer. I spent more time in the bathroom miserable then in bed. I was convinced that I was not going to be successful but both embryos took (until 9.5 weeks but that's a deep seperate issue). I think taking it easy is helpful but strict bedrest maybe isn't necessary? Do whatever you think is best so you don't live with regret in my book!
  • Options
    ***child mentioned***

I went to a bar and had lunch right after (no beer though, just water). Then I came home and was really tired so my bestie (who picked me up because my husband had to work that day) and I watched movies and slept. I was doing PIO shots and couldn't give them to myself, so later that night I drove to the hospital my husband worked at (he was on a 24 hour shift) and got my shot. The next day I resumed life as normal except for no heavy exercise. DD was born in November :)

I would seriously talk to your RE and ask about the most current studies, which actually indicate that moderate activity is better than bed rest. 

At the end of the day though, do what makes you comfortable. If being in bed for three days is going to make you stressed and fussy because you're an active person, then don't do it. If you like the idea of being pampered in bed for three days, do that :) For me, I just didn't want to think about anything and keep busy to keep my mind off the tww. 
    Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
    Started TTC 12/2013
    First Trip to RE: 11/2014
    IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
    DD Born 11/9/2014
    TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
    First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
    Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The nurse told me before my transfer just to "take it easy."  But my discharge instructions said bed rest for 24-48 hours.  The nurse at discharge told me to be on bed rest the remainder of that day (I wanted to go to my stepson's baseball game but she told me no).  She said I was good for light activity the remainder of the weekend.  I ended up spending a lot of time in bed this past weekend due to a bad sinus infection, but otherwise have been doing my normal thing except no exercise. 

*** siggy warning- losses mentioned- everyone welcome *****

Me:  36

DH:  42  (w/ 2 children from prior marriage)

Us:  TTC for our 1st together since August 2013

1st BFP:  November 2013  (m/c at 7 wks)

2nd BFP:  February 2014  (m/c at 6 wks)

RPL Panel started in March 2014

3rd BFP:  May 2014 (m/c at 5 wks)

4th BFP:  June 2014 (CP at 4 wks)

RE appt in June 2014 (all RPL panel tests are normal...it's likely egg quality due to my age and borderline DOR)

Baseline AFC: 8 follies

2 IUI cycles (July and August 2014- both BFN)

IVF #1 w/ ICSI & PGS- October 2014 (AFC: 8 follies; ER Oct 20:  5R/3M/2F;  the 2 only made it to day 3 and stopped growing before biopsy)

key supplements: DHEA (25mg- 3x/day); CoQ10 (300 mg/day) ISWTE believer here!

IVF #2 EPP w/ ICSI & PGS- AFC:  13 follies!   10R/6M/6F-  5 biopsied for PGS- 1 normal embryo

FET scheduled for February 2015 delayed in order to do one more ER in hopes of getting at least 1 more normal embryo

IVF #3 EPP w/ ICSI & PGS:  7R/5M/5F-  2 biopsied for PGS- 1 normal embryo

FET #1 April 23, 2015:  1 PGS tested embryo transferred - BFN

FET #2 June 30, 2015:  1 PGS tested embryo transferred- BFP!! 

• Options
    ***loss mentioned***

With our first IVF transfer, I rested the remainder of the day and went to work the next morning and tried to take it easy as I still had some cramping and pain. That pregnancy ended a couple weeks later for unknown reasons.

We recently did a FET and since I no longer work so I can focus on becoming a mommy, I rested 3 days, taking it very easy and doing minimal activity. Some of this was due to having cramping and pain for a few days longer than before due to, what my Dr said, was the extra POI they have us do with frozen.

Just do what you feel comfortable with and don't push your body. If you start to feel over exerted, take a break and rest.
  • Options
    Ty ladies! All your info means a lot!!
  • Options
    PAIF

I got on a plane and went home. Did not abstain from anything because I didn't think it would work
  • Options

I took it easy the day of the transfer.  Actually, we went out for Thai food right afterwards.  Now I am doing doing normal stuff.  I've worked the past two days, went for walks each day, took care of household/family stuff, etc.  My doctor said bed rest is absolutely unneccesary. 

Good luck!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Jessica, how did your transfer go? I just did my 2nd round of IUI, but am strongly considering IVF if this cycle doesn't work.
    Me (35) DH (29)
    TTC#1 since June 2014. 
    IUI #1: BFN
    IUI #2: ?
  • Options
    It went great! No pain now just been hanging around the house!
  • Options
    Great! Wishing you luck for this cycle. Keep us posted :)
    Me (35) DH (29)
    TTC#1 since June 2014. 
    IUI #1: BFN
    IUI #2: ?