April 2015 Moms

New mom anxieties... Anyone else?

Ok so I might be crazy (definitely am) however I can not get over this irrational fear of my son getting group b strep from me! I tested positives and of course had the antibiotics prior to delivery. I am now reading that there are 2 types though, early onset GBS (which the antibiotics prevent) and late onset (the antibiotics given in labor don't prevent). Well that's scary. I have now washed my hands raw and am praying it's harder to spread than what I'm imagining. Going to the doctor tomorrow for my anxiety but was wondering if anyone else ever thought about this or has worried about it??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: New mom anxieties... Anyone else?

• I was GBS positive too and no one ever mentioned late onset GBS to me. I would think if it were a big concern then they'd make parents aware of what to look out for. Did anyone mention anything to you about it when you were in the hospital?
  • Nope! Just my crazy reading up on it. Honestly it's probably not even a big threat, but I don't really know anyone else who is or has been GBS positive so I'm kinda having a hard time in my own head. Hence why I am seeing the doctor tomorrow. Glad to hear you haven't heard anything... I'm probably worried for nothing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker