October 2015 Moms
Options

Husband doesn't want to have sex :(

So last night I mentioned to my husband that now that I'm feeling better, we can get our sex life back. His response was that we needed to talk about having sex when I am pregnant because he thinks it is too weird to have sex when there is a baby inside me. When I pressed him on it, he said children and sex don't mix so it would be too weird to have sex.
Needless to say, I was upset because I have been really sick the first trimester and now that I feel better I want to be intimate with him. I feel like he is rejecting me because I'm pregnant which really hurts. He said that we can talk about it but I don't even know what to say.... Anyone else delt with this?

Re: Husband doesn't want to have sex :(

• Options
    Maybe some father to be books or having him talk to your doctor about sex being OK during pregnancy. How does he think the baby got there lol of course sex goes with babies!
  • Options
    rue:Drue:D member
    I'm sorry to hear that :( I'm in kind of the same boat, I felt too sick the first trimester to have sex and now I'm feeling better. But my husband's issue is that when I tell him about all the crap my body is doing, he says it isn't sexy. Well maybe it isn't, but I can't do anything about it, dang it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been too sick to even think about sex and I've apologized to my husband several times and he says oh its ok, i know you feel bad. Honestly I think he feels weird about it too and all of the body changes...the couple of times we have he said he was worried he was going to hurt the baby somehow. He's a nurse and knows good and well it isn't actually hurting the baby but I think since this is our first it's just all so new and weird for us both.
  • Options
    As long as your OB didn't say not too, then sex is okay when your pregnant and the baby doesn't know what's going on, do some research and show him (: ! Good luck !
  • Options
    https://www.babycenter.com/sex-during-pregnancy-overview <------ there's a link with some very helpful information (: ! Good luck momma !
  • Options
    My husband got like that later in my first pregnancy when I was very obviously pregnant. Part of the problem was that it was just more difficult to maneuver when I had a big belly! We just did..other stuff lol.
  • Options
    He said he knows that it is safe, it is totally a mental thing. I'm 100% ok with sex during pregnancy so I don't know how to relate to what he feels about the situation.
  • Options
    It can be so hard!! My husband has been good about it, but in the end he feels a little weird when the head gets really low. I am a super horny pregnant person once I get past the first tri so I'm pretty thankful. The baby and uterus are pretty high at this point so he won't feel them! Good luck! I hope you get some! :)
  • Options
    I have been all over my husband all the time for weeks. It's like my hormones kicked in to overdrive!

At the beginning, he had a hard time with it because he was always afraid he would hurt me or the little bean. I took him with me to the midwife and we talked about it. She was able to show us some images with different positions and the impact that the positioning had internally. That helped a lot since he knew (1) that he wasn't actually squishing the baby and (2) that there was no way that he could in any way come as close to the baby as he thought.

We also did some research (together and separate) on good positions for pregnancy. We have had fun experimenting, finding what works and surprising each other with new ones. It has actually sparked something new (and fun!) in our sex life!
  • Options
    I think it best if you find some sort of men's point of view like a men's mag or a man doctor who he would feel conftable talking to or listening to. Dh doesn't feel conftable with all the woman talk but if I show him stuff from a mans perspective it changes things for him.

Dh and I aren't having sex because I was put on pelvic rest from a sch tomorrow I have an apt hopefully we can get back into the swing of things because ahhhhhh I'm loosing it I've had sooooo many sexual dreams its too much yikes! , and needless to say but he's been a grouch the past week because of it !

• Options
    We were both a little afraid it might cause some harm until we talked with the midwife at the first appointment. So everything has been pretty normal (since I've started feeling better). But my husband has expressed concern over having sex when my belly is big and he can feel the baby move. While I understand his point of view, I feel a little bummed at the thought of nothing at the end (if I even want it that is) when there is not going to be any for a while after baby is born. That's a long time!
  • Options
    Same boat here, too. I gave my guy the green light 2 weeks ago and now he's too tired, or too full, or whatever lame excuse he can think of. Yet yesterday he didn't mind asking for a "favor," I think he just won't admit he doesn't want to have sex while I'm pregnant. I get that I'm not as sexy as I was a few months ago but we've got 6 more months to go and that's a long winter if you get my drift. Of course I can't address it directly unless he admits it, so it's a waiting game for me now.
  • Options
    We don't have intercourse as much as we used to, but we do "other stuff." Gets the job done!
  • Options
    I've been on pelvic rest since like 7 weeks and I'm so ready to get off pelvic rest! My boyfriend doesn't seem to express too much concern about it but when I mentioned that we may get the ok on the next appointment his eyes just lit up. I think your husband just needs a little more information about sex during pregnancy and hopefully he can get past it.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, it makes me feel better to know I'm not alone with dealing with this. Still frustrating!!!