March 2015 Moms

Baby slings/wraps/carriers

just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on any of these? We have a baby bjorn, and a sling, but think the sling may be a bit too small for me and baby. I loved the baby bjorn with my DD, but my new little guy doesn't seem to like it as much. Also looking for something that's not too pricey. Thanks in advance!

Re: Baby slings/wraps/carriers

• I have the k'tan and she loves it!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I just bought a boba wrap...it's pretty cool! Very stretchy and comfortable. You just have to get used to wrapping it tightly.
  • Loading the player...
  • I second the k'tan!!!
  • I second the boba!!
  • I have a solly baby wrap and have loved it! Use it all the time since I have a 17 month old as well and it's useful to have both hands free! ;) It's basically the same as the boba wrap, but I've heard the material is thinner which is why I chose to buy it.. I live in Las Vegas so I figured it would be better with the heat during the summer. I also have an ergo baby carrier and used it a ton with my first son. I plan to use it all the time with this guy as well when we go out hiking and whatnot.
  • Ergo. It's pricier, but you will use it more often and longer than the others.
  • I third the boba! I use it all of the time & babe seems to love being in it.
  • I have the ergo and I love it. my baby always calms down as soon as I put in it and she loves being upright and able look around.
  • It looks like the Boba is very similar to the Moby?
    Does anyone's baby just NOT like being wrapped up?! We have a Moby and my little one cries when I put him in it... In all fairness he is sometimes crying when I decide to try as I thought it might be soothing, but he seems to hate it!
    I watched YouTube videos a hundred times to make sure I'm doing it right so I'm pretty sure I'm not hurting him... Just feel sad that he doesn't like it as I wish I could not only snuggle, but be able to use my hands during the day as well haha

I wonder if it's worth the money to try something else to see if he likes it better?! :/
    Does anyone's baby just NOT like being wrapped up?! We have a Moby and my little one cries when I put him in it... In all fairness he is sometimes crying when I decide to try as I thought it might be soothing, but he seems to hate it!
    I watched YouTube videos a hundred times to make sure I'm doing it right so I'm pretty sure I'm not hurting him... Just feel sad that he doesn't like it as I wish I could not only snuggle, but be able to use my hands during the day as well haha

I wonder if it's worth the money to try something else to see if he likes it better?! :/

My LG didn't like the MOBY wrap. She often got too hot while in it. She had no problems with the ergo. I wish I had spend the money from the beginning instead of buying three inexpensive carriers that weren't very useful.
  • My LO seems to like the Moby most of the time, but then will cry and protest it every so often. But overall I like using it. My DH refuses to use the Moby, so we have a cheaper Chicco carrier. It works fine and she enjoys it, but we haven't used it much so far and I could imagine it would eventually be uncomfortable since it lacks some of the support other carriers have.
  • I just ordered the infantino sash carrier. It should be here tomorrow and I can't wait!
  • Beco Gemini is a great buy... I can put it on one handed and you can use it from 5lbs up. Also it's so supportive I can walk 2 miles and not even have to adjust it.
  • I LOVE my Tula and my daughter seems to like it too. She falls asleep most of the time when we're out and I put her in it.
    September Siggy Challengeimage
    Baby #1 
    Married: July 2011 TTC October 2012
    Diagnosed IF: Summer 2013 - PCOS
    Clomid cycle #1: 50mg BFN Clomid cycle #2: 100mg BFN
    IUI #1: Clomid 100mg BFN May 2014
    IVF #1: 13 eggs retrieved on 5/21/14, 11 fertilized, 5dt of 1 embryo on 5/26/14, & BFP 7/2/14!!!
    1st Beta: 286 2nd Beta: 770 3rd Beta: 3735
    EDD 3/14/15

image       image       image
  • I bought a gently used ergo at a second hard store for $60 and I would have paid full price I love it so much.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • EDWHIP said:

I bought a gently used ergo at a second hard store for $60 and I would have paid full price I love it so much.  

RIGHT?!?! I love mine!!! I keep telling people to buy one. I have 2, one for out 28 month old and one for our nine week old.
  • @KD32412 and @EDWHIP which ergo do you have? Not sure if I should go with a wrap or a carrier. I never used anything with my first child, but with this baby I'm finding it would be helpful to have my hands free. I know the carriers last longer but I'm worried about over heating. We live in the south where it's crazy humid and hot. So that's why I bought if going with a wrap. Also I don't plan on carrying past a year since she will most likely be walking by then.
  • KD32412KD32412 member

@KD32412 and @EDWHIP which ergo do you have? Not sure if I should go with a wrap or a carrier. I never used anything with my first child, but with this baby I'm finding it would be helpful to have my hands free. I know the carriers last longer but I'm worried about over heating. We live in the south where it's crazy humid and hot. So that's why I bought if going with a wrap. Also I don't plan on carrying past a year since she will most likely be walking by then.

I have the original ergo carrier, with the buckles and pockets. I've found that it's much cooler for baby and easier to put on (compared to the wrap). The great thing about it is the weight limit goes up to 45 lbs. I've worn my daughter on my back at 18 months and it was comfortable for both of us. Also, I live in Hawaii and it gets pretty humid here. The carrier allows for better ventilation than the wrap, and the material is light weight. You should check out their website if you haven't already. Good luck!

I bought the k'tan and my LO did not like it at all... I returned it and got the baby bjorn carrier. My little guy likes to have his hands and legs free to move around. He also does not like to be swaddled either.
  • EDWHIPEDWHIP member
    @jesslynnw90 I have the original organic, but they make much lighter versions!  I went on a nature hike with a friend the other day and she carried her son in the lighter weight one.  Could be a better option if you live in a more humid area?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The MOBY is great but not for bigger babies as it stretches and you have to re-wrap them to keep them in the correct position. I love the ERGO! There is an infant insert for brand new babes. Avoid carriers that hold the baby by the crotch (like the bjorn) - they can cause hip issues! Definitely research carriers and hip development before making your investment. :)
  • I bought the Ergo performance which is light and meant to be cooler for parent and baby. He's still in the infant insert and liked it. Can't wait to use the carrier on its own