December 2014 Moms
Options

ATTENTION Superhero moms!

jbird1222jbird1222 member
edited April 2015 in December 2014 Moms
HELP!!!! I know many of you are expert moms (obviously not me) I'm a 23yr old FTM and I need your advice. Today DH and I took our DS "to town" to look at some stores and get some groceries. I dread these outings for one reason...my DS is on a strict 4 sometimes 5 nap schedule. If he doesn't get his nap completely out every 1.5 hrs he turns into a nightmare. I guess the boy just really likes his sleep. Problem is he won't nap hardly at all on the go...he'll sleep in his car seat if he's tired AND the car is consistently moving, he won't sleep in his stroller but for maybe 10 min, he just recently started refusing to fall asleep in his baby carrier, pretty much I have to hold him and even then it's a struggle to get him asleep. I know I'm being judged as I push an empty stroller with an empty baby carrier around my waist and a screaming baby in my arms. I guess my question is how do y'all do it?! How do you run errands and keep your child subdued?

I'm jus glad we survive days like today..

Re: ATTENTION Superhero moms!

• Options
    The more you do it the better and easier it gets. I find a screaming baby gets more sympathy than a screaming toddler. Just keep making trips and it will get better!
    I actually let an employee hold my screaming baby while I tried on clothes a while ago. Not sure that was the smartest, but you just do what you have to to get by. =)
  • Options
    ses5006ses5006 member
    If DS is asleep, I have a lot of success with our travel system. I just click his car seat in to the stroller and he doesn't seem to notice the change. If I know I'll need to push a cart in the store I'll put him a carrier. The only downside then is sometime he fusses when I stop moving so I just keep walking around or swaying. I was definitely "that person" the other week, bagging my groceries in the self checkout while he screamed his head off. I must have looked pathetic as I had numerous people offer me help.
    William Ross 12/22/14 (32+5 HELLP) EDD 2/11/15