December 2015 Moms

5w6d and heart rate 90bpm...freakiing out! Does this mean I will miscarry?

BRITTANYN83BRITTANYN83 member
edited April 2015 in December 2015 Moms
came to ER bc had some cramping this morning (no bleeding). Ultrasound showed baby measuring 5w6d (according to LMP should be 6w3d) and heart rate of 90bpm. Still waiting to see Dr. But freaking out bc heart rate seems low. Does that mean I'm going to miscarry??

Re: 5w6d and heart rate 90bpm...freakiing out! Does this mean I will miscarry?

• There was a post similar to this earlier... I think the er could tell you what that means. The heart is just developing so it's going to start slower and increase. When is your first OB appt? You could always call them Monday.
    Good luck mama
  • I had zero detectable heartbeat at 5 weeks and 5 days.  At 7 weeks at 1 day, I had a very healthy 134 bpm.  I wouldn't worry just yet. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I just went through the same thing this week! At 6w 3d the baby's heart rate wasn't even detectable and I got a horrible phone call from a rude nurse saying I needed to come back to check if my pregnancy was even viable, which she didn't believe would be. Well, today at 6w 5d my baby had a strong healthy heartbeat! The kind ultrasound tech said when their hearts are so tiny it's hard to get a good measurement. The heart rate will go up each day so just hang in there and try not to stress (which is way easier said than done I know)! Sending well wishes your way!
  • I'm going through the same exact thing! I went into ER on Sunday for bleeding and cramping and just had my follow up appointment yesterday. The doctor told me that the baby's heart rate has dropped since Sunday which is alarming. The doctor said there is nothing that they can do just wait till next week. Im so nervous and scared as I'm still cramping and bleeding :(
  • @sniddle1982 I hope that it turns out ok for you!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD May 2005 MC Nov. 2012
    MC Aug. 2014
    Chemical Feb. 2015
  • Thanks everyone! I feel a lot better! I go to my Dr. Monday for a follow up u/s so hopefully it's good news! I think after having 2 mc I'm super anxious!
  • I completely understand how you feel, I had my first u/s after a MC last cycle. My timing was completely off because of the m/c and or because I had the flu for four weeks with a fever of 103. I figured even ovulating late I would've been six weeks on Thursdays ultrasound. I was measuring five weeks five days and they saw sack and yolk sac but no fetal pole. I need a post about it, and got some reassuring comments from quite a few women on this board that have been through the same thing and got very strong heart beats less than a week later. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!
  • Thank you! Getting really nervous for the ultrasound tomorrow!
  • I was a little worried when I had mine last week as it was 108, but my bf said that when the OS tech held it in a different position it showed 132, so maybe it depends where they measure?
  • Saying a prayer for good strong heartbeat today!
  • Thanks! Baby measured at 6w2d today so still growing on track. Could see heartbeat but Dr. Couldn't get a measurement on his equipment, estimated it to be in low 100s so thought that was good. He wants me to come back next week because thinks will be able to get a more accurate measurement. Still anxious but will just have to wait and see next week!