April 2015 Moms

Planning to induce Monday and my 4 yr old has pink eye!

So I'm 38 weeks +1 right now and have planned to induce Monday for medical reasons. Then this morning my 4 yr old woke up with pink eye. I took her to the doctor and she's starting on eye drops tonight. Doc says she'll be very contagious for 24 hrs and then be fine but also mentioned that the hospital probably won't let her in to see baby if she is still presenting with symptoms. She said Monday will likely be fine but I'm nervous I may go into labor before that. It would be so upsetting to not have her able to come visit in the hospital....I know there isn't much I can do in this situation but I wanted to vent.

Re: Planning to induce Monday and my 4 yr old has pink eye!

• I meant to say that I'm 39 weeks + 1
  • It sucks when your other kids are sick. I'm sorry you're dealing with that. My youngest DD started vomiting a day & a half before my RCS and then had diarrhea for several days. She wasn't able to visit until a couple days into our stay. Of course I had hoped for both my girls to meet their brother at the same time. I completely understand your disappointment.

Good luck on Monday!
  • Loading the player...
  • That really stinks too! Was your daughter upset about having to wait? My daughter is really emotional but if she can't come she'll be staying with grandma and she loves staying with grandma. I'm hoping that if it turns out she has to wait to visit she won't be as disappointed as I will be.
  • I think I was more disappointed than her. My oldest DD came to visit though, so that helped a little. Younger DD (the sick one) is almost 3 yo, so I don't think she really understood. Both of our moms stayed at our house with the girls, so at least she was distracted.
  • Luckily for me, baby has stayed put long enough for my daughter to get over her pink eye so no more worries about her being able to visit. I'm really not so sure she would have minded though as long as she had grandma : )