Baby Movements — The Bump
May 2015 Moms

Baby Movements

Hello lovely ladies! Question for you. I'm 36 weeks pregnant, I stand on my feet all day long at work andsome days my baby girl isn't that active during the day everyday. Does anyone have this problem? Some days she'll move ALL day and some days she's just pretty still. Is that normal? Feeling a little concerned but at my doctors appointment yesterday her heartbeat was perfect and my belly is the exact size it needs to be.

Re: Baby Movements

• I'm 37 weeks and definitely hear you. There are days that my LO is much more lazy than others. It always makes me panic. But it's heartbeat is always strong at my appointments and then I have days like today where it's been moving around like crazy. My doula has commented that I have a very chill baby. Even when she tries to disturb it sometimes it will just give a little kick and nuzzle in comfortably.
  • Loading the player...
  • When I'm at work and moving or concentrating on something I just don't notice movements - so I go by my Dr.'s "6 kicks in an hour, three times a day" mantra, check in on her after breakfast, lunch, and before bed, and as long as I meet that I try not to get worried. It does seem like there's lots of variation - but always call your doctor if you're feeling nervous! That's what they're there for.
  • Loading the player...
  • With my first pregnancy I worked 12hr night shifts and didn't feel baby move much when I was up running around. I was told it's because walking is kind of like rocking to baby, comforting. Also, you're active so you may not notice her movements as much as you do when you're sitting. Chances are she is moving you just don't feel it.
  • Mine, for the most part, is quiet when I'm up and moving --- except he has his busy times of day where he's almost always awake no matter what I'm doing.

My docs say kick counts, if you can lie down and drink some water and get 10 kicks in an hour (I know it's hard when you're working!) then all is good.

Maybe if you take a 10-15 minute break and get a few kicks in you'd feel better?

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTC: Started May 2012
    Bloodwork - potential ovulation issue which seemed to be fixed by clomid.
    SA - Mot (36%) and count low 9.3 mil (updated) 
    HSG - Oct 16 2013 - came back clear
    Clomid #1 - Nov. 2013 - BFN
    BFP#1 =  Clomid #2, Dec. 2013 - EDD 9.9.14 Loss Jan 9
    Femara #1 + Trigger (2/21) Feb. 2014 +ruptured ovarian cyst - BFN
    SIS clear
    April 2014: 50IU Follistim CD3-CD9 + 25IU CD10-CD13+CD13 trigger 1 mature follie= BFN
    IUI #1: May 2014 50IU Follistim + trigger + IUI = BFN
    IUI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim + IUI (3 mil sperm)=  BFN
    TI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim  + Trigger = BFN
    BFP#2 = IUI# 3: Aug 2014 75IU Follistim+ Trigger + IUI (2 mil sperm) EDD May 15

BabyFruit Ticker

Love bugs unite!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Thank you for your replies! It makes me feel a lot better to know I'm not the only one :)
    kaynix21