Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

We survived another Monday...

The first day back is always so hard. I'm a recovery room RN and had my D&C at our outpatient center so a few people know what happened. A lot of my coworkers don't.
I never call out so people were asking all day if I felt better since I missed three days last week. One nurse that always jokes around with me asked if I was pregnant and
Super nauseous last week. I couldn't say anything and immediately got tears. She figured out the real story and felt horrible. Like literally cried in the bathroom.

Needless to say I survived, but feel super emotional this evening. So much of this is a silent burden to carry. I have a great supportive family and friends, but most people don't know I've had
Two miscarriages in a row. After you do tell people, I feel like you are the one having to do the consoling. It all just feels so unfair.

I hope everyone else survived their Mondays. So happy to have a place to vent my frustrations.

Re: We survived another Monday...

• Hi. You are so correct in surviving another Monday. I work in HR at the hospital that I received care during my miscarriage just a couple weeks ago. So going into work is a constant reminder. I have moments where it's so hard to even breath. Your word choice of silent burden is so accurate. I pray it gets better. Hang in there.
  • I didn't head to work this Monday, or today. Started heavily bleeding Monday so had to call in, I hate taking time off but I work with kids and I'm unable to run to the bathroom at a moments notice so I've had to stay home if the bleeding is getting heavy. I've only been to work one day since it started, worried about going back as I've been the main target to tease about being next for babies (the only newly weds) and nobody knew about the baby... Gah. My one day I was back I cried in the sleep room putting a baby to sleep, it's like tourture. Thankfully my boss is understanding! We have to get through this and we all will, especially having this place to come and talk to with people who get it and are going through it with you.
    BFP 03/02/15 // EDD 11/11/15 // MC 04/15/15
    If your a bird, I'm a bird.