Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Breast Pump Advice

Hey ladies. I am pregnant with my first, and just found out my insurance covers a beeast pump which is great since I hope to breast feed. Unfortunately, I have limited options in which pump I am able to get, and even less of a clue which would one to choose. The two models are the Medela Pump in Style and the Ameda Purely Yours Ultra. Do any of you have any experience with either of these pumps? Any advice on which route to go?

Re: Breast Pump Advice

• Options
    i have the medela and really like it. easy to use and comvenient.
  • Options
    i have the medela too and like
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had an ameda with my first, and I exclusively pumped. I wore out the motor by the end of DS first year! This time I have a medela PISA and, so far, I like it much better. The parts seem more durable, you can get replacements at many local stores and I can pump much more quickly! The one thing I would recommend is to make sure to get the correct size of flanges.
  • Options
    Medela pump in style is awesome! Our hospital had all the same parts and it's so easy to find replacements if needed!
  • Options
    I have the medela and I love it.
  • Options
    I have an electric Medela and a Medela handpump. They're both great! Def get the free one! But my handpump was free from the hospital. So you may get that one as well! It's awesome to have both!
  • Options
    You want the Medela.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    Medela! Even my lactation consultant recommended this one.
  • Options
    Medals and as another gal said above the hand pump is so nice to have. I leave it in diaper bag as a just in case. It's surprisingly easy and efficient.
  • Options
    jmliujmliu member
    I have the Medela and love it. Like you, I had no idea what to get and went off of others' recommendations. I am so glad I got the Medela. Make sure you end up with the right size breastshield. I have larger nipples than the standard "medium" that comes with the accessory kits, and it hurt the first couple times. My lactation consultant said to try a larger size and I've had no pain since.