December 2015 Moms

pinching in ovaries?

Hello, ladies! So I have felt a pinching sensation going on in what feels like my left ovary, usually when I get up quickly or sneeze or something. I have felt this "twinge" since the day after we have now come to find out, was the day after conception. I am 5w 4 days. The past couple of days I have been feeling sensations or "twinges" in my right ovary side. Normal? Cause? Is it true it could mean twins? Help! This is my 2nd pregnancy.

Answers

• I've felt it with most of my pregnancies. From what I understand it is your ovaries releasing progesterone and/or hormones. Could be wrong but that is what I was told and that it is very normal. :) Oh and no twins here. This is my seventh pregnancy.
  • What a relief!! Can't wait for the ultrasound! I just do not remember these pinches with my first pregnancy. Thanks for the insight!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been feeling the same thing, only on the right side. I'm having a second HCG test tomorrow and was planning on asking the nurse then. When is your ultrasound?
  • I have the same thing too, mainly on the left side but occasionally on the right. It's not painful, but noticeable like you mentioned.
  • I have twinges & pinches on both sides and believe it is normal from what I've read. I don't remember this with my first.
  • I felt the same thing. Sometimes it would be on both sides. Im now 7 weeks and the slight cramping has went away! :)
  • I didn't have any pinches during my first pregnancy either, but I've been having a bunch of them (usually right ovary) for the past few days (I'm only 4w4d) and have been having hormone-fueled freakouts that this pregnancy is ectopic or something awful. This thread is the greatest thing to see, like, ever.
    Thank you for calming me down :)
  • I'm 5 weeks and 2 days and I've got the same thing on both sides. So glad to hear I'm not alone!
  • Oh I'm glad others are having this too! I felt it yesterday several times on my left side- like a sharp pulse but not painful. I'm 7w4d and I'm freaking out over every little thing because I've MCed in the past around this time
  • I'm 7 weeks and had sharp pains on my ovaries and freaked out about it being an ectopic pregnancy, but I went to the doctor and it turns out it's a harmless cyst on my ovary that will go away on it's own. DH and I got to see baby's heartbeat for the first time and I bawled right there in the office. Every pain seems so scary right now and I'm just so thankful it's nothing serious.
  • I feel the exact same thing! I thought I was going crazy! I just get up a little slower! 
  • I'm there too :) I was worried about ectopic but I've heard that the symptoms with that are severe..not just a twinge