Infertility

Nervous- meeting with RE today for a new plan (loss mentioned)

Hi all,

I have been doing really well considering I found out Monday that our twins hearts stopped at 9 weeks. Of course I have had some crying spells but I have been ok. Today, my doctor is back from his vacation so we are meeting with him today to double check one more time before our D&C tomorrow. I know they are gone because it was confirmed by a nurse and another doctor. Since this is our third loss and our second IVF cycle, I'm scared the doctor is going to tell me it's hopeless and I'm out of options. We did PGS testing, our embryos were the highest possible rating, I did everything right and took heparin and we still lost them. I can't stop crying today. I think it's just feeling all too real. I'm ready to move forward but scared no one else will believe it's possible. Thanks for letting me vent. Anyone else have luck after this much failure?

Re: Nervous- meeting with RE today for a new plan (loss mentioned)

• LovinLife33LovinLife33 member
    edited April 2015
    I am so sorry for your losses.

Edited, sorry was on wrong board, I apologize.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am so very very sorry for your loss.

Is a surrogate entirely out of the question? 
    Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
    Started TTC 12/2013
    First Trip to RE: 11/2014
    IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
    DD Born 11/9/2014
    TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
    First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
    Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

• Loading the player...
  • Surrogate is definitely an option. We are both open to it. The doctor wants to give my body another shot after running some tests. We will wait and see after those return and our hormones go back to zero. It was a much better meeting than I anticipated. The doctor was very encouraging and positive which helped a ton! Whew!
  • So sorry for your loss. 

Nice you had a positive appt. with your dr. 
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN