October 2015 Moms
Options

3d ultrasound and baby is quite lumpy!!?

Has anyone else been given a 3d ultrasound? I was at 12 weeks even in these. Poor baby looks like it has a donut head. Lol the tech said it's all normal though--- does anyone else have crazy looking ultrasounds??

Re: 3d ultrasound and baby is quite lumpy!!?

• Options
    Here's another shot
    You can see its little rib cage! Everything looks normal besides the head :/
  • Options
    I have an odd looking 3D u/s pic too (but my phone won't let me attach it). My Dr. said it's because as the baby develops hard bones, the u/s waves hit the bones and bounce off.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor told me its best to get a 3D ultrasound between 28 and 34 weeks. He says baby is a good size by then and looks cuter :)
  • Options
    I find out may 16th what we're having by 3D ultrasound ! I'll be 18 weeks ! They told me we won't get "great pics" they recommend anywheres after 25 weeks for better images !
  • Options
    Even at seven weeks they switched between regular ultrasound and 3d. You should hhave seen the seven week one. Talk about odd lol k
  • Options
    Those 3D ultrasounds are so freaky looking!  I did it with my first because we got some sort of a coupon for it, but my sweet little baby looked like some kind of demon-child and it was not cool, lol!  I've personally never seen a "good" 3D pic, they just look weird. 
  • Options
    Hubby and I decided against the 3d because of the weird pictures. Even tho we have to wait a few weeks more to find out the gender at the dr office, we don't want to have the weird pix
  • Options
    At that point their head is still larger than their body. i think it's like 14 weeks or so that it starts to even out and look normal. Also all the bones are still really malleable at this point and not hard like you would think of a bone. So that could add to it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    PS. I'm sure your squishy little one will be ADORABLE at birth regardless of the ultrasound pictures. It's just nice to see them wiggling around in there :)
  • Options
    ktrose82ktrose82 member
    edited April 2015
    Omg our baby looked like an alien in the 3D ultrasound at 12weeks. The Dr was like "there's the face" I still can't figure out where the face is In that pic Needless to say that's not the one I show people lol.
  • Options
    Ours was terrible too. The baby looked like a golden nugget.
  • Options
    We're doing 3D/4D ultrasound at 18 weeks ! (May 16). That's what we do to find out gender ! Then won't tell us on a 2D ultrasound ! And 3D ultrasounds do look freaky !!
  • Options
    The pictures do get better! This was my daughter's 30 week pic. It still looks just like her.
  • Options
    3D ultrasound pictures creep me out.