Infertility

AT A LOSS FOR WORDS

Hello all! Im new to this site and i need guidance, and maybe sucsess stories of other woment tht is going through similar problems as i am. Im 21.. And my fsh level is at 101.... Not good! My lh level is 51 and my estrogen is 10.3 . i just went to the dr last week to review my results and he said it looks like premature ovarian failure but he doesnt think it is. He said all i need is folicle stimulating horomone shots and i shoukd be able to have a baby....... Im desprate to have my own baby....

Re: AT A LOSS FOR WORDS

• Perhaps you should see an RE and have the tests repeated. With any diagnosis of that type I would want a second opinion. I am unfamiliar with that situation so cannot give any other advice, best of luck to you.
    **Losses Mentioned**
    Me 41, DH 38 
    TTC #1 since 9/2014 AMH 3.68, FSH 6.6
    IUI#1 12-02-2015 Letrozol, Gonal-F, Pregnyl, Acupuncture, BFP 12-17-2015 beta 1=72, beta 2=64, beta 3=10 MC 12-20-14 
    IUI#2 01-08-2015 Letrozol, Gonal-F, Pregnyl, Acupuncture, BFP 01-23-2015 beta 1=151, beta 2=450, beta 3=6524, beta 4= 29380 u/s at 7w5d baby with heartbeat measuring 6w2d. u/s 2-24 gestational sac only, beta 59400 MC 2-24-15 @ 8w6d D&C 2-27-15. Pathology results 47XX +20

Diagnosis AMA and compound heterozygous MTHFR
  • Loading the player...
  • I think going to an RE is in your best interest as well. Best of luck!
  • Those lab results are indicative of diminished ovarian reserve or premature ovarian failure. The good news is you are young so that likely means your eggs are good. You just might have trouble getting then out, meaning you might need a lot of meds to make a few eggs. But all you need is one good one for a pregnancy. Best of luck and I'm sorry you find here

• KLake42KLake42 member
    I have diminished reserve/premature aging, and my doctor was pretty clear that age is still WAY more an indicator of your chances to get pregnant than just the test results.  I'm 38.  If I were 42, my doctor wouldn't think I had much of a chance, with my numbers, but at 38, she's pretty confident.  

And hey, you're 21-- that is a huge benefit!  Nobody here can say for sure where your path will take you, but age is definitely a big help for you.  Second opinions can be helpful, but if your doctor is hopeful for you, then consider giving him a chance to prove his theory.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)