1st Trimester

Constant Nausea/Aversions To Food

XoxtiffanyXoxtiffany member
edited April 2015 in 1st Trimester
I'm about 6 1/2 weeks pregnant and I was doing fine up until about last week and now I have CONSTANT nausea that does not go away no matter what I do. No puking or anything just nausea. It is so severe that it is making it hard for me to eat because everything makes me cringe or gag. I literally have to force myself to eat small portions through out the day. Does anyone know of anything that might help? I have never been this sick in my entire life.

Re: Constant Nausea/Aversions To Food

• I found drinking peppermint tea helps. Also ginger - not ginger ale but actual ginger, like what comes with your sushi.
    Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married 2010
    TTC: Feb 2014, BFP 7/14/14, CP 7/18/14
    BFP 3/10/15 - DD #1 born 11/19
    TTC #2: Oct 2017, BFP 12/19/17, CP 12/22/17
    BFP 2/20/18 - EDD 10/31/2018
  • I feel you...Nausea hit me in week 6 too! Before that, I had no hint of it. My doctor said the nausea might subside at weeks 13-14; I'm looking forward to it, but I also know that every pregnancy for every woman is different.

What helps me: Ginger & hot water, sour gummy candy, slightly spicy & sour foods (like Tom Yum soup if you like Thai food), plain toast, mint candy, saltines (no salt).

Eating smaller portions also helps me; I find myself eating every 2 hours throughout the day now. I eat smaller meals and mini snacks.

Keep your chin up and keep eating small portions.

• Loading the player...
  • Peppermints, peppermint water, lemon water, seabands, Zofran, some other anti nausea medicine, lollipops, ice pops,
  • I've seen recall ads and commercials on Zofran.
  • I am in the same boat at almost 8 weeks. Resting as much as possible is helping me and eating all the time. LOL