November 2015 Moms
Options

The lawn surrounding my Baby Door

1235»

Re: The lawn surrounding my Baby Door

• Options
    Shaved last night in a hot bath and literally had to hold my stomach up to see. I did a good job though I was so proud. Thank god I've always been a little flexible but I felt like my ribs were being crushed just sitting in the bath bending over :| I need to invest in a mirror
  • Options
    sadyy131 said:
    Shaved last night in a hot bath and literally had to hold my stomach up to see. I did a good job though I was so proud. Thank god I've always been a little flexible but I felt like my ribs were being crushed just sitting in the bath bending over :| I need to invest in a mirror
    This is the way i Have been doing it the past month..not fun lol

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    cbolton19cbolton19 member
    edited October 2015
    kbonel said:

Does anyone have terrible in growns or a good remedy? When is come to being sweaty in the under carriage pregnancy is awful. I sugar every four weeks so the hair is taken care of but the in growns on my underpants line is something terrible.

I have some roll on stuff called pfb vanish that has helped. But I did notice that the ingrowns were worse this last time I went. Usually it's not this bad (and the reason I wax instead of shave).

ETA: I usesd the toll on stuff more before pregnancy. I would need to look at the ingredients to make sure there was nothing questionable, though based on the smell, I assume it is mostly alcohol based.
  • Options
    So I went and had a Brazilian yesterday for the 1st time in 10 weeks.....DO NOT LET THE HAIR GET THAT LONG I REPEAT NEVER GO THAT LONG! It hurt sooooo much at certain points!!!! I'm 35+4 so I scheduled another for my 39th week of baby isn't here.
  • Options
    Rehashing this cuz I want your opinions!... For someone who has NEVER been waxed, is 38 weeks pregnant a little late to hop on board with it??

Also, TMI, buuut, I'm pretty self conscious about any extra discharge and spreading my legs for a non-medical/non-SO person! Obviously, I'd do some last minute tidying in that sense, but still makes me nervous!!

Does being bare really help with the healing process down there?
  • Options
    Once you start waxing you will probably never go back to a razor again ( the thought makes me shiver) skin is way softer, not irritated from shaving and results last longer. Plus the hair comes in softer too so no harsh stubble!
  • Options

Rehashing this cuz I want your opinions!... For someone who has NEVER been waxed, is 38 weeks pregnant a little late to hop on board with it??

Also, TMI, buuut, I'm pretty self conscious about any extra discharge and spreading my legs for a non-medical/non-SO person! Obviously, I'd do some last minute tidying in that sense, but still makes me nervous!!

I've heard that it's more painful during pregnancy and that some places won't do it in the third tri (you know because evicting a baby from our body isn't going to be painful no matter what). I don't remember what, if any, policy that the hospital I'm delivering at has on shaving since some places actually discourage it!

Personally I'm considering nair for the occasion.
  • Options

I got my monthly wax this week at 39 weeks and it was honestly the first time it hurt that bad during the whole pregnancy or ever really. I probably wouldn't start waxing this late in the game but that's just me.
  • Options
    I would strongly advise not doing the wax at this point. I was pretty regular at waxing and then became even more regular once pregnant. It wasn't bad at all in the beginning, but my last wax at 7 months was such a bad experience for me. I havent been back since. I couldn't walk for at least a day and a half and I was so red and swollen for close to a week. The thought of feeling that right now on top of the rest of the pain and discomfort I'm feeling right now...forget that!!!! IMO, the benefit of having it done does NOT outweigh the pain. I'm saving myself for the pain of the birth. Don't want to torture myself anymore than I already am haha
  • Options
    I found the same thing, my last sugaring was at 35 weeks and it hurt a lot more than usual. So I just used my electric razor to help the lawn out a bit.

If you put some witch hazel on after shaving, waxing, etc, it helps with the irritation. Just make sure to get the alcohol free type so it doesn't burn. I also used it for my padsicles!
  • Options
    After a few months of blindly going in and coming out looking like Edward Scussorhands had taken care of my personal grooming, I called in my husband to take care of the job. While I couldn't help but feel as though it was demeaning (one more thing I am
    unable to do myself!) my husband said he enjoyed being able to help, and even found it to be "intimate". He did a much better job then I have been doing, and I plan on letting him continue to "help" until LO arrives...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Cook3133Cook3133 member
    edited November 2015
    I did a quick feel and shave the day before I went into labor, it was more of just thining the area around the gate. I didn't care how it turned out. The only thing I think it "helps" with is clean up after baby is born. Less or shorter hair = less stuff for gunk to get dried up in. But that's just MO.
  • Options
    Did a Brazilian at 38 weeks and actually had a nervous say "thanks" because she could see what was going on better after delivery haha
  • Options
    After getting a nice Brazilian at week 36 and shaving at right before my EDD (didn't have time to go back to get waxed), I am now 41+1 and have officially given up down there :)