November 2015 Moms
Options

The lawn surrounding my Baby Door

Re: The lawn surrounding my Baby Door

• Options
    This discussion is full of life .

I did it all the way till the end with my first son ,

my second was more positions , sit down to get one area , stand to get another , leg up there . I used a mirror after my shower to make sure there was no patch Missed .

This one has been much like my second . Still reaching but beginning to get tricky lol

• Options
    Hubby trimmed me up last night for my appointment today. 
    I was a little embarrassed at the hospital last week (had a little scare) but the doctor was in such a rush to get to surgery, after she didn't use any lube on the speculum I felt like she deserved all the bush she got! 

Enrolling DD in swim lessons today so I'm going to have to stay a little a more on top of it ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    totally broke down this weekend and decided to brave the shave (it was getting out of control) definitely HARD and I decided I need to invest in a handheld mirror for future endeavors lol!! this should be interesting the further along I get... ::sigh::  
  • Options
    So far throughout my pregnancy I've gotten waxes, well tonight I decided to attempt shaving. I talked myself into saving the $50 it would have cost for a wax so I got in the shower feeling confident with my razor and mirror.... Boy oh boy. That was the longest and toughest shower ever. I needed a third hand lol. I succeeded and part of me thought I should have just scheduled my appointment, but I'm just really glad to have saved the money! lol :-bd
  • Options

Speaking of cleaning up the downtown, does anyone have any good bikini razor recommendations? I haven't had any luck

@grapesoda1111 - I love the Schick Intuition. Almost impossible to cut yourself.
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Options
    I was really worried about this before but the last few months my pubic hair has hardly been growing at all ! Has anyone else experienced this ? I used to shave often but now I can go a week and it hardly grows
    Most of my hair growth has slowed drastically during this pregnancy. My leg hair is almost non-existent. I can go 2+ weeks without shaving my legs and be fine. It's not quite as slow with other areas, so I'm rocking the blind shave currently. DH has offered numerous times, but I haven't let him just yet. 
  • Options
    anikajoy said:

Speaking of cleaning up the downtown, does anyone have any good bikini razor recommendations? I haven't had any luck

@grapesoda1111 - I love the Schick Intuition. Almost impossible to cut yourself.
    I have never cut myself using mine!!! It's a little pricey but totally worth it!!!
  • Options
    grapesoda1111grapesoda1111 member
    edited September 2015
    I have never cut myself using mine!!! It's a little pricey but totally worth it!!!
    I'll have to do some investing! 

ETA: I had to google that one, and I have had it before. I loved it!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know how I missed this post back in April, but the disclaimed just made my day.

I'm currently blind-shaving, with marginal results. I just made an appointment for a Brazilian when I'll be about 38 weeks...I am prepared for it to hurt. I've gotten waxed a few times, but the most recent was about a year ago. I'm thinking of it like I'm thinking of labor- a hell of a lot of pain, but ultimately worth it :)
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    kayemjay2 said:

I don't know how I missed this post back in April, but the disclaimed just made my day.

I'm currently blind-shaving, with marginal results. I just made an appointment for a Brazilian when I'll be about 38 weeks...I am prepared for it to hurt. I've gotten waxed a few times, but the most recent was about a year ago. I'm thinking of it like I'm thinking of labor- a hell of a lot of pain, but ultimately worth it :)
    If you can find somewhere that does Sugaring instead of waxing, it will hurt less. I would recommend going once before your 38 week appointment, because they can't always get all the hair the first time (and the first time hurts the most). Don't know how many weeks you are, but if you went at 34 weeks for the first time, second appointment at 38 weeks would be a lot easier and the hair would be softer.
  • Options
    onebadmothaonebadmotha member
    edited September 2015
    @ceb2015- That's a good plan. I'm currently 31+2, so I'll try to make a 34 weeks appointment. That should be enough time to grow out enough if I stop blind-shaving now, but would 4 week between that appointment and the 38 week appointment be enough?

Edited to add: Unfortunately, I can't find any one near me who offers sugaring, though I am intrigued by the at home kids (once I can see my lady parts again)
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    I've actually had my husband trim the hedges twice so far this pregnancy. I'm terrified of shaving myself at this point but more so of cutting myself by accident or getting an infected ingrown hair (I know gross but its happened to me before). <- same reason im avoiding the wax or sugar. So what I'm doing is having him trim super super short but not bald. It's nerve wrecking but I figure I trust him enough to marry him and have a kid so maybe trust him with this too. Plus it's his happy place so he better be careful!
  • Options
    cbolton19cbolton19 member
    edited September 2015
    kayemjay2 said:

@ceb2015- That's a good plan. I'm currently 31+2, so I'll try to make a 34 weeks appointment. That should be enough time to grow out enough if I stop blind-shaving now, but would 4 week between that appointment and the 38 week appointment be enough?

Edited to add: Unfortunately, I can't find any one near me who offers sugaring, though I am intrigued by the at home kids (once I can see my lady parts again)
    I honestly couldn't tell a pain difference between waxing and sugaring. Though I like waxing much better (this could be because the lady that did the sugaring was not as good). I found a nice clean place that is fast and good. I will admit it is a little more painful when you are pregnant, but really not significantly. I would try to go a little sooner to get more than 4 weeks in between. If you can't, 4 weeks would probably be fine though. I plan on going for the last time (until I go again after birth) this weekend, and I'll be 36 weeks.

ETA: I would personally avoid the at home kits. I don't know anyone that has had much luck with them.
  • Options
    I use nair. Nice and easy. Wait 3 mintutes than wipe
  • Options
    I would not recommend using Nair around your "personal" area, but if it works for you...
  • Options
    urby87 said:

I would not recommend using Nair around your "personal" area, but if it works for you...

Ha ha me neither. I got a chemical burn from it one time. I'm glad I wasn't using it anywhere near my 'personal' area.
  • Options
    cbolton19 said:

urby87 said:

Ha ha me neither. I got a chemical burn from it one time. I'm glad I wasn't using it anywhere near my 'personal' area.

They have a brand like nair that is meant for that area
  • Options
    Well, I had to cancel my appointment. The place I was going to go to does not do any waxing on women who are over 5 months pregnant, as they say it is too painful. I'll probably just do some mirror shaving, and spend the money on cute baby things once he/she arrives :)
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    kayemjay2 said:

Well, I had to cancel my appointment. The place I was going to go to does not do any waxing on women who are over 5 months pregnant, as they say it is too painful. I'll probably just do some mirror shaving, and spend the money on cute baby things once he/she arrives :)

Awwww lame. That is kind of a weird reason, but I suppose they don't want any sort of liability. And more cute baby stuff is always a plus!

@tmandato1234 That makes sense. And it is probably a little more sensitive. Though my skin is so sensitive that I would still be a little reluctant to try it!
  • Options
    kayemjay2 said:
    I understand the liability thing to an extent, but too painful? Seriously? There's fairly good chance that the woman your denying service to is going to be pushing a kid out of that general area. I think "too painful" is the worst reason to give a pregnant woman as to why she can't get a wax. 
  • Options

kayemjay2 said:

I understand the liability thing to an extent, but too painful? Seriously? There's fairly good chance that the woman your denying service to is going to be pushing a kid out of that general area. I think "too painful" is the worst reason to give a pregnant woman as to why she can't get a wax. 

Yeah. I was thinking the same thing. Kind of a lame reason. Waxing is not a walk in the park by any means, but it's not that painful. I'm gonna have to guess that getting the baby out is much more painful than waxing.... Ha ha Maybe they just don't want to deal with pregnant ladies?
  • Options
    It's killing me that this post is still alive... :))
    I've been trying to shave but it's so hard... and I mentioned to DH that he might need to help and his face was priceless.
  • Options

kayemjay2 said:

I thought the same thing! If I had more energy, I may have tried to argue it ("You know what I'll be pushing out of there in a few weeks, right?"), but I'm honestly not super crushed. Although, the person who called me was a dude, so it probably would have been fun to make him uncomfortable by going into gory details of vaginal birth.
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    kayemjay2 said:

Personal update: I used to wax at home with strips (when I could still see down there) and finally gave up, deciding I needed professional help at least for the next couple of months. 

I found a decent, affordable beautician who did ask me 1st whether I was aware that it would hurt more than usual. To which I confidently answered that I wax regularly and should be fine.

O.M.G! I think I let out 5 yelps throughout the 10-minute ordeal. I swear that at one point I thought that my skin had fallen off down there. 

On the plus side, it was over in 10minutes and I finally feel better about it :) Hopefully I still get to go back for a quick one before Nov 5th! 
  • Options
    Annnnnnd I'm done shaving. My bathroom looks like a murder scene. Even my legs are cut so badly, I had to wrap two towels around them to stop it. Luckily I have friend at my salon who will wax me from now on.
  • Options
    I also love that this thread is still around! think it was one of the first ones read on TheBump. Too bad to hear salons are turning away pregnant women (who needs this more than us right now??) I've been planning get waxed as it's just too hard manage my own these days..
  • Options
    kayemjay2 said:

That sucks! Don't they know that you really don't need help down there until around 5 months?
  • Options
    Now I'm second guessing scheduling my first Brazilian for 36 weeks
  • Options
    I've avoided it long enough.... Finally gave in last night since the DH and I are doing a mini babymoon this weekend. I am sure I will be in the hot tub and didn't want to have my jungle scare away anyone...... It was by feel, squatting, lifting tummy, moving side to side, a few grunts, I am sure very comical :). I guess I am lucky though that it is thin, I had laizer hair removal 6 years ago so it's not as bad as it could be!
  • Options
    It's been a few weeks for me now and I can't even see what's going on down there but I am 110% sure that it looks crazy. I don't even know where to go or what to expect. I haven't gotten waxed down there since I was a teenager...like 12 years ago. Lol. I think I am going to do it sometime before the delivery. Lord please be with me! Lol.

FTM due 11/06/2015
    Married 09/21/2013
  • Options
    I got a brazilian at the beginning of my pregnancy and it was awful. So painful and so many in grown hairs. So that is not an option. My DH just trimmed me and it went great. I was a little nervous but I was getting too frustrated trying to do it myself. He had the shortest guard on the trimmer so he wouldn't cut me and it came out great. I'm too nervous to let him use a straight razor :) looks like we found an option that works.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sooo, I was trying on dresses this past week for my upcoming shower and it was the first time I got to see my downstairs under bright lights in a full length mirror, wow...I have been absolutely murdering at my attempts to keep myself trimmed down there, I mean....I had crazy hair everywhere, some short most long. It was a nightmare.
  • Options
    vomitrosa said:

Sooo, I was trying on dresses this past week for my upcoming shower and it was the first time I got to see my downstairs under bright lights in a full length mirror, wow...I have been absolutely murdering at my attempts to keep myself trimmed down there, I mean....I had crazy hair everywhere, some short most long. It was a nightmare.

I feel ya. I literally can't see down there at all anymore. I tried blind shaving and I thought I did a good job, but after I got out of the shower and looked at myself in the mirror... It looked like a sad, sick, stray dog with sporadic bald patches and long tufts. I officially give up.
  • Options
    Does anyone have terrible in growns or a good remedy? When is come to being sweaty in the under carriage pregnancy is awful. I sugar every four weeks so the hair is taken care of but the in growns on my underpants line is something terrible.