November 2015 Moms
Options

2 under 2

i am pregnant with my 2nd baby and due November 28th. My son is 9 1/2 months now. So I will have two under two. People say it is extremely hard, is this true??

Re: 2 under 2

• Options
    All of my kids are under 2 years apart. The transition form 1 to 2 kids wasn't so bad as 2 to 3. I had a basket that my son could only get out when I was nursing baby brother so he didn't get bored and into trouble. We were busy and didn't do as many activities as we would have with just the toddler. Good luck! It's so fun to see sibling love.
  • Options
    I've got a 7 month old and am expecting too. I've been wondering the same thing!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My first two are 17 months apart and now twins on the way. Certain phases are more challenging than others but I love how close they are and wouldn't change a thing! You'll find a routine that works for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    snmomsnmom member
    @laurak33 I'm in the same boat as you. My first 2 are 16 months apart (now 2 & 3) and I'm expecting twins. The transition from 0 to 1 was much harder than 1 to 2. It was an adjustment for everyone, but no where near as difficult as I expected. My 2 are best friends and are so cute together. You can do it!
  • Options
    I'll find out! Mine will be 18 months apart! I'm not afraid to ask for help though so I'll be using both grandmas as much as possible!
    YCSWU
  • Options

All of my kids are under 2 years apart. The transition form 1 to 2 kids wasn't so bad as 2 to 3. I had a basket that my son could only get out when I was nursing baby brother so he didn't get bored and into trouble. We were busy and didn't do as many activities as we would have with just the toddler. Good luck! It's so fun to see sibling love.

Love the basket idea! DS will be 17 months when #2 gets here. If anyone has tips on how to prepare a toddler that young for a baby sibling (or ease the transition) that'd be great. I love that they'll be close but I know it'll come with challenges we probably wouldn't have if they were farther apart.
  • Options
    Same boat here too. They will be 18-19 months apart. I'm nervous.
    Pregnancy Ticker