Central Florida Babies

New to the area and pregnant

Hi everyone! I moved down to central Florida in the middle of November from Jacksonville. Welp, now I'm 8 weeks pregnant! I had my initial appointment back home, but I'm not about a 2.5 hour drive for every appointment let alone when I'm in labor! I'm in Brevard county now. What maternity wards should I consider? What OBGYN do you recommend?

Thank you!

Re: New to the area and pregnant

• Welcome, this is a pretty slow moving board but It's always good to see a new face. I'm on Orange County so I will probably not be your best resource. I'm using Dr. Thatcher of Delaney OB/GYN. LOVE HER! She delivers at Winnie Palmer but I've also heard great things about Winter Park & Altamonte Springs

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you! Winnie Palmer and Winter Park both look awesome. I'll look into Altamonte.
  • Loading the player...
  • lee91lee91 member
    Hey I'm also in brevard and newly pregnant! I'm searching for a reputable obgyn. Are you working? How old are you?
  • @lee91 22 and working two jobs currently.
  • I'm in Brevard and also looking for an OB....more specifically an OB that has delivered post gastric bypass babies. As far as local hospitals Holmes Regional is awesome!
  • Hi ladies! I have been going to Dr. Aimee Raup (Health First) for years and she is a wonderful OB/GYN.Now I am 8 weeks pregnant and living in Spain, but returning to Brevard County next month. Trying to decide between Cape Canaveral Hospital or Winnie Palmer, any suggestions appreciated!
  • I'm delivering at Winnie Palmer.. Sometime in the next three weeks! So far it seems amazing (I've done classes there and had the tour)
  • Hi ladies! I have been going to Dr. Aimee Raup (Health First) for years and she is a wonderful OB/GYN.Now I am 8 weeks pregnant and living in Spain, but returning to Brevard County next month. Trying to decide between Cape Canaveral Hospital or Winnie Palmer, any suggestions appreciated!

I've decided on Holmes, but it was a very hard decision between there and the Winnie Palmer! I chose Holmes due to closeness - I don't want a panicking SO from our house to Orlando!