July 2015 Moms
Options

Linea Nigra and Stretch Marks

I'm a FTM @ 24 weeks 3 days. Idk how much I've gained in total at this point but I have no stretch marks and no visible linea nigra.

When would one typically expect to develop both linea nigra and/or stretch marks. Is it possible to go through pregnancy without either?

For reference I checked with my mom and sister. Neither remember when they got them during pregnancy, but both had really bad stretch marks.

Re: Linea Nigra and Stretch Marks

• Options
    LN hasn't shown up for me yet...I don't remember when it did with DD but I did have it with her. I didn't notice stretch marks with DD until AFTER I delivered. Womp Womp. This time I noticed some light ones starting to show. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    I've had a visible linea negra for weeks. I had stretch marks before I got pregnant so no help there. But I have heard several moms say they didn't develop stretch marks until the last month to two weeks of pregnancy. You CAN go through pregnancy without getting either but you definitely still have time to develop them.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ive never got the line during pregnancy. My sister got it. But I just don't get one. As for stretch marks, all I'm going to say is you're not safe until pregnancy's over.
    Bobby Llewellyn born September 29, 2012
    Kade Wayne born July 23, 2015
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017
    Oliver Dean (Ollie) due December 17, 2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Baby #3 I have never had the line, I didn't notice stretch marks until after I had my first.
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• Options
    26 weeks and I have a faint LN...no stretch marks yet but this is my first so only time will tell.
  • Options
    25 weeks and just noticed a faint line a moment ago when getting out of the shower. No stretch marks yet.
  • Options
    Never got LN with DD and didn't know stretch marks until 30 weeks with her. I have stretch marks already with this baby. However DD is only 16 months.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    27 weeks and still no LN. I had SM prior to pregnancy, and the last couple of weeks I noticed little purple marks on the ends of them where they are getting worse. :/

photo Studio_Ghibli_Banner_by_Tony1722.jpg

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    26 weeks. The line runs in the family but not stretch marks. However I just found some starting on my hips and things and none in my stomach. Just the line. Some is genetic and the rest is chance and circumstances
  • Options
    I have the line, but no stretch marks...yet.
  • Options
    I'm 26 weeks 4 days and no line or stretch marks yet. My mom didn't get stretch marks with me or my brother....so I'm hoping genetics wins out on this one.
  • Options
    I'm 27 weeks & can't see LN, but my DH found my first stretch mark last night right at my waist. I was always watching my stomach for them & excited that I hadn't developed any yet, so much for that. :(
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I have stretch marks on my hips from a growth spurt when I was younger. I have yet to get any on my stomach, but I guess yall are right - you're not safe until delivery lol.
  • Options
    I've had a linea negra since 1st trimester and I'm in my 28th week. I really don't have stretch marks yet but I still have a long way to go.
  • Options
    I never got the line... but my belly exploded in stretchmarks towards the end last time
    <leader of the pack small photo leaderofthepacksmall_zps19d110a4.jpg photo r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Have had the LN for weeks now. Developed stretch marks with DS at 28 weeks, just before maternity photo shoot. Haven't noticed any new stretch marks with this pregnancy yet.
  • Options
    No linea niagra yet and no stretch marks at 25 weeks. I had the linea niagra first time around but never had stretch marks, definitely possible to survive a pregnancy without them.