December 2015 Moms
Options

Prenatals! What are you taking?

2»

Re: Prenatals! What are you taking?

• Options
    Taking VitaPearl prescribed by OB- it's only 15 and they ship it to you monthly! It also is in a pearl capsule, I couldn't stomach the smell of some of the others.
  • Options
    PinkEsqPinkEsq member
    edited April 2015
    @MarchmellI take those Rainbow light too - Thank you for posting- It's time to get more soon and I will happily save the $$
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think mine is just the Nature's Bounty prenatal. I honestly hate taking prenatals, or any vitamin. I just took gummies with my last one.
  • Options
    My doc said no to Shakeo
  • Options
    I couldn't find the Rainbow light with DHA. Do the ones you take have DHA or do you supplement with something else??
  • Options

I couldn't find the Rainbow light with DHA. Do the ones you take have DHA or do you supplement with something else??

They're seperate. I take the Rainbow light DHA soft gels. 2 seperate pills.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm taking the set from Target for now. At my US I'm going to ask for a prescription so that I can use my FSA on it. 

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I use Nature Made as well.  They always have sales going on so you can BOGO free…such a great deal…about $25 for 6 months!  I was using prenatals before I got pregnant, so I was able to stock up when they were on sale.
  • Options
    I'm taking Rainbow Light Prenatal One - I took them during my last pregnancy too, they're a little expensive.. If I'm remembering correctly it's around $30 for 100 pills at Whole Foods, but they don't bother my stomach at all.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I take the baby and me prenatal, it's all food based vitamins and minerals so I know that I am absorbing more of the nutrition. It is a bit expensive but I don't get sick from them and they have ginger to help with the nauseousness.
  • Options
    I've had a lot of trouble taking prenatals. For two weeks I threw up every time I took it, whether before/with/after meal or in its own.
    Finally I started rolling the pill in yogurt, I feel like it costs it just enough to help me get it down.
    Just a suggestion for those having a hard time.
  • Options
    BubbzBubbz member
    I've been taking the CVS brand gummies. They're often on sale for BOGO, making them wonderfully CHEAP, and delicious to boot!

They lack iron but honestly, iron supplements tend to make me barf anyway at the best of times. I'm trying to get my iron intakes via food as best I can.
    Is heartily apologizing to her child in advance for genes that predispose them to shitty vision and being Too Damn Tall.
  • Options
    I'm taking the one a day prenatal 1, and I'm super happy with them...no upset tummy! The only drawback is they don't have much calcium, so I'm gonna have to start taking a separate calcium supplement.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I take the Rainbow Light Prenatal One vitamin. They don't bother my stomach at all and they are vegan.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    GNC Prenatal Program, has more folic acid and DHA than some. It was $30 for a months supply 
  • Options
    Target brand sour gummies.  

I took regular Target or One A Day prenatals last time and they never bothered me, but the gummies are actually really tasty so I always remember to take them.
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    bkeller34 said:

It didn't post my whole answer. Lol. I use Shakeology which my OB has approved as my prenatal. I drink it for breakfast and I've had so much more energy with this pregnancy!

You may want to double check with your OB again - I brought my Shakeology pack in with me to ask mine. She said there isn't a sufficient amount of folic acid. The first time she read it, she thought it said 200 milligrams, but it actually only has 200 micrograms.

Also, to those chewing the gummies, check to see if yours has iron in it! I use the Target brand, which has NO iron. I found an iron supplement that is 50 mg, so I take 1/2 per day with my gummies.
  • Options
    +1 for the VitaFusion gummies.  Very reasonably priced and delicious which means I actually take them every day. :)  I'm also taking a fish oil supplement, too, but I'll admit I skip it on occasion because it's two horse pills.
  • Options
    I have been taking Natures Bounty, one a day, anyone else??
  • Options
    I'm on the Rainbow Light as well. Took them all through my first pregnancy and loved them.
  • Options
    meppsmepps member
  • Options
    I take the gummies because they taste great & they don't make me sick, however , my ob told me that's perfectly fine for now but when I start my second trimester I have to add an iron supplement as well! Just an FYI for other mommies_to_be that love their gummies :)

• Options
    rjw5047rjw5047 member
    edited April 2015
    I take the Honest Co vitamins too! I like the taste of the whole food prenatal better than the one a days, but taking 3 a day is too easy to forget!
  • Options
    I'm using Natures Bounty for now till my first prenatal appointment . Is it any good?