October 2015 Moms
Options

NT Scan

I had an NT scan today and it was the first time we got to see our baby!! Our LO was very relaxed and would barely move for the nurse while she was taking the important photos. How ever once my husband was allowed in the room the LO started to kick and wave!! It was so sweet:). My question is did most of you get your results the same day? I asked what the measurement was and she told me it couldn't be calculated until the blood work was in. On my blood work paperwork it listed me at 11 weeks and five day (instead of three). And had NT 1.17? Can I assume that that is good? (FTM)

Best Answers

• Options
    devonsd315devonsd315 member
    Answer ✓
    Anything less than 3.0 mm is considered "normal", so yes that is good. I got my results back in about a week. They have to do your blood work, and then they will combine the results of that with the NT measurement. You will get back a risk, something like 1 in 1000 or 1 in 5000 for DS and other trisomy disorders. It is not diagnostic, but I think anything less than 1 in 300 is considered "positive". I get the impression that this is just a scan to see if you should follow up with more testing, like a CVS or amnio. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    sar_bearsar_bear member
    Answer ✓
    I had my NT scan last week....it was our first time seeing our LO as well! The US tech told us that NT under 3 is normal and ideally under 2 is best. We should be getting the results by phone today...the calculated risk is only determined after they combine the US and blood test results. Waiting anxiously, but relieved that the scan went well. Hope this helps :D