September 2015 Moms

Belly button piercings

I just had to take my belly button ring out tonight. It already started to stretch and rip some!! Anyone use anything to prevent scaring from their piercing or preventing it from ripping anymore than it already has?

Re: Belly button piercings

• Ooh yikes. Mine is still in at 18 weeks... Curious if any STMs have any experience with this
  • I'm a STM had a belly piercing when I was pregnant with my first years ago but took it out soon after I found out I was pregnant and didn't have any ripping. I just left it out and ended up never putting it back in. You can still tell that I had my belly button pierced but I never referred to it as a scar.
  • Loading the player...
  • My doctor told me to buy a pregnancy belly button ring. I found them on eBay for cheap. They are flexible.
  • nattnnattn member
    I always just take mine out while I'm pregnant and put it back in after the baby is born. I don't know if it's the stretching skin or what that keeps it open, but I have yet to have an issue. I do have one of those pregnancy rings that I used for a short time with my first, but it started bothering me late in my pregnancy so I don't even bother with it anymore.
  • I bought the exact same ring from ebay too
    Not needed to use it yet at nearly 19 weeks but think i might soon. Dont wanna loose my piercing xx
  • With my first pregnancy I used a plastic flexible belly bar... They are pretty cheap and prevent your piercing from tearing so would defo recommend! will be getting one with this pregnancy too as my regular bar is already feeling a little tight.
  • I took mine out before I got pregnant with my son. I used cream that was supposed to prevent scaring. Didn't work, I have a lovely scar.
  • I don't know about a belly button piercing but I took out my nipple piercings as soon as I found out I'm pregnant.
  • @eule1991 I have nipples pierced too and still have them at the moment. I am planning to take them out before baby gets here but I love them
  • I'd say take them out because it takes forever to heal and completely close. Especially with the pre milk shooting in soon, I still have stuff coming out of 3 holes. And I took them out over 3 month ago
  • Flexi bar bells ladies! I used one last time with my son, no problems, my belly button didn't pop out though, so not sure if it will work with a popped belly button :-)
  • After 25 years took mine out (I'm an older FTM at 43) no stretching and could've left it in but found I didn't like how it stuck out under my clothes. Loving my new smooth belly! Hole will stay but think I'll leave it out!
  • I took mine out as soon as I was pregnant with my first. Which was at 6 Weeks. I'm not lucky when it comes or stretching and earned my belt of honor as well as a pretty gnarly Scar from my belly ring.
  • mybabynumber2mybabynumber2 member
    edited April 2015
    Just ordered this off eBay. No one bidded so I got it for.... 1p!! Plus a £1 p&p - bargain !

Edited: spelling
  • I'm a STM and took mine out with the first when it started getting snug and had no problems getting it back in afterwards. Plan on doing the same with this one so I don't have a huge bar showing through my clothes.