October 2015 Moms
Options

Tell my boss?!

I work at a big Media/publishing Company(office job). When did you tell your manager that you're pregnant? I'm 11 weeks and thinking about doing it tomorrow...and ask him to wait untill next week before I will tell all of my other collegues. I know it's a bit early but he's planning to give me a job-promotion this week...!

Re: Tell my boss?!

• Options
    I told my boss fairly early at 8 weeks I think. In order to ask for more work from home time while I'm dealing with morning sickness. I haven't' shared with the entire office yet. It went well for me.
  • Options

I told my boss fairly early at 8 weeks I think. In order to ask for more work from home time while I'm dealing with morning sickness. I haven't' shared with the entire office yet. It went well for me.

Same here. I was worried about getting in trouble for needing to work from home so often, so I finally told her. Went really well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  image 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    cdrioel said:

I work at a big Media/publishing Company(office job). When did you tell your manager that you're pregnant? I'm 11 weeks and thinking about doing it tomorrow...and ask him to wait untill next week before I will tell all of my other collegues. I know it's a bit early but he's planning to give me a job-promotion this week...!

I'm telling my boss this week.  I'll be 13 weeks, I've seen the baby several times on sono and my belly is starting to round out.  Tell them when you're comfortable and make sure they are the first to know.  Also, don't start with "I'm sorry for xyz but it's because I'm pregnant".  It'll seem like you aren't as efficient at your job.  Ps. I also work in publishing :)  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    I told my boss last week at almost 13 weeks because i really am starting to look chubby and different so i wanted him to hear it from me and not guess and wonder when he saw me or hear it from someone else.
  • Options
    I told my boss last week at 12wks and I'm telling the rest of my co workers this week. I was going to wait a little longer but figured it would get more difficult with the various appointments coming up.
  • Options
    I told my boss a little over a week ago (about 12 weeks). I was going to wait several more weeks or until I started showing, but we had an abnormal NT scan and I had to suddenly take more time off for appointments. I figured it was the responsible thing to do. She was really good about telling me she'll keep it private. I figure that whatever happens from this point on, if there are any problems or complications, at least she'll know what's up and will be understanding in terms of work.