September 2015 Moms
Options

The mysterious 16 week bump shrink

Ok so I thought it was all in my head yesterday when I went to gaze at my bump- and it seemed smaller. Considerably smaller than last week. Since my usual go to is to imagine every worst case scenario and panic, I decided to try to rationalize this phenomenon. "Maybe it's just me, it's not shrinking and I'm just more used to feeling bigger in my stomach than normal" I decided the best thing to do was to consult Dr. Google and open myself up to a whirlwind of internet horror stories. Turns out, there are a lot of posts to be found about this phenomenon. Most of them seemed to end up just fine.

So, my conclusion to all of this is that- my uterus is growing up more than out and so the pooch is more dispersed making it appear less poochy, and I'm relenting on some of the early pregnancy bloating. Anyone else noticing this? Anyone have any fun theories or answers? Or anyone else just need to feel like they aren't going insane and it's not all in their head?

Re: The mysterious 16 week bump shrink

• Options
    I feel like this too ! I though I was huge at 14 weeks , super bloated . Now at 15 +4 it's smaller than before . I chalked it up to bloating , I've been trying to drink more water and it's gotten all around easier since my energy is back .
  • Options
    Ok good, that's what I'm also telling myself. I can't help but be disappointed, which is dumb because I'm missing gas- essentially.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Omg! I just looked in the mirror and was like... Where's my bump?!!?!
    I'm 16w4d. I then busted out my trusty measuring tape and measured around my belly button and phew, I've grown half an inch since last week so I guess it's just going up.
  • Options
    owlrighty said:

Omg! I just looked in the mirror and was like... Where's my bump?!!?!
    I'm 16w4d. I then busted out my trusty measuring tape and measured around my belly button and phew, I've grown half an inch since last week so I guess it's just going up.

I wish I would have thought to measure my bump. Good call.
  • Options
    Yes, hahaha. I noticed it a few days ago and was all, "I know I am not working out THAT much" Good thing I can feel baby movements every so often and know it's okay. It moved higher up and the bloating definitely let go a little more.
  • Options
    That is a good idea @owlrighty ! I'm might start measuring my bump too. I definitely have noticed belly shrinkage the last couple of days especially in the AM
  • Options
    Okay I thought I was crazy! But I looked ar my bump the other day and was like I definitely think this was bigger last week! (I'm 16 weeks also) I just attibuted it to getting used to being bigger!
  • Options
    At least we all aren't going crazy!! Ya I measure right at my belly button all the way around about every week or so since about 12 weeks.
  • Options
    nicolespaznicolespaz member
    edited April 2015
    Yes it must be a thing! Same here but now I'm almost 18 and I think it's coming back :)
  • Options
    That happened to me this morning--finally the bloat dying down I think! My friend worked with a girl who she said was as big in the first trimester as she was toward the end, so much bloat!
  • Options
    trinay05trinay05 member
    edited April 2015
    Like everyone else I'm glad I'm not alone. I was getting scared...so much so I pulled out my doppler. I started noticing I'm not as big as I was a week or two ago. I'm 16w3d and this my first pregnancy.
  • Options
    v1wwov1wwo member
    My bump is all over the place. Two weeks ago it was way bigger than about 3 days ago. Now is back up because I am eating more junk. If I were to stop eating as much it would go back down.
    Same thing happens in the morning/night with me. It's all just gass and food. :)
    It also happens when you are not preagnet. We just don't pay attention to it as much.