October 2015 Moms
Options

AW: Ran a 10k at 10 weeks!

I'm totally aw-ing that I just ran a 10k (6.2 miles)

It was terrible, lol! I usually only run 5k's (3.1 miles) but my sil wanted to do this run. It felt so slow and I really had to push through the last 2 miles, but yay I did it!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: AW: Ran a 10k at 10 weeks!

• Options
    Good for you Mama!!!! That's awesome!!
  • Options
    Amazing. I can hardly find the energy to walk my dog.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I became winded walking across a room at work yesterday....I am in awe! Well done!
  • Options
    Wow you are amazing just thinking about you doing that got me tired ur Awesoommee!!!!

• Options
    Good for you! You should be proud!
  • Options
    That is awesome!  :)
  • Options
    Thanks!

• Options
    That's awesome!!!
  • Options
    Major kudos to you!!! I'm jealous of your motivation and energy!!!
    Definitely something to be proud of!!!
    Ice cream sundae tonight??? :D
  • Options
    kls33145 said:

Major kudos to you!!! I'm jealous of your motivation and energy!!!
    Definitely something to be proud of!!!
    Ice cream sundae tonight??? :D

Lol! I was ecstatic that my runkeeper app said I burned 791 calories! Ice cream and/or some of my kids Easter candy!

• Options
    Awesome!

I'm supposed to run a 5k in June! I currently get winded going up several flights of stairs. No idea how I'm going to do it!
  • Options
    bgriest said:

Awesome!

I'm supposed to run a 5k in June! I currently get winded going up several flights of stairs. No idea how I'm going to do it!

My goal is to do 1 5k every month until August/September as long as I'm feeling well enough to run.

During the race I just remind myself that I'm not trying for a personal best, but my goal is to run the whole thing without stopping. I also usually have a mile time that I shoot for, but never hold myself to it if I'm feeling tired.

You'll do fine @bgriest !

• Options
    Thats amazing! Very impressive indeed! I have no idea where you found the energy for that, share your magical secrets! :p
    Seriously, well done momma!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MelMel92 mostly because my sil and I keep each other motivated (that's a nice way to say we kind of compete with each other, lol) so that's why I ran the 10k today instead of the 5k. She doesn't know I'm pregnant again, but we has both finished a 30 day clean eating challenge in January and I had lost all my baby weight (again!) so now I'm trying to keep it off before 3rd tri! It's been 3ish weeks of feeling like crap so I'm hoping I'm out of the nauseous stage and can get back into a decent running routine! I just don't want to gain as much as I did with my last 2!!