October 2015 Moms
Options

13th week and we're in the clear?

hi ladies! I read online somewhere that if your pregnancy has been progressing well that after your 12th week your risk of miscarriage drops to basically zero. However I am so petrified of having a missed miscarriage that it is totally taking over my joy of being pregnant!!! I'm 13 and a half weeks now and I want to not worry anymore!!

Re: 13th week and we're in the clear?

• Options
    I have heard that you chances of a miscarriage once you hit 12 weeks drops to very low .... But I am like you always worried .
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor told me the risk drops to about 2%.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am worried sick about MC, too! I'm 13+1 today and haven't heard the heartbeat yet- but we've seen it good and strong at all our appts so far. Won't get to hear it until our appointment next week and in the meantime, I'm so worried I've missed a MC or something. As DH keeps telling me, there is zero reasoning for me to think this, but reading the loss posts makes me so anxious!! I keep trying not to stress and to take my bump as a good sign, but holy smokes I can't wait until Thursday!!
  • Options
    I'm glad someone posted this! I'm 13w2d and I'm always thinking about it!! My hubs wants us to announce at Easter and I have this terrible superstition that as soon as i make it public something will happen....how crazy do I sound?! I am just so over the moon happy and I'm scared it will all go away
  • Options
    Just wait until you can start to feel baby move on a regular basis!  It's awesome when you get that kick to let you know everything's cool.  Of course, then you worry when baby isn't active at times you normally feel movement, lol!  It never ends, really.  But you are not alone!
  • Options
     Your risk of loss, right now is as low as its going to be until you give birth. I know this is easier said than done, but try not to worry about the things out of your control.  Worry just steals happiness from today and borrows pain from the future, but it doesn't get anything done. We are all going to be worried about our babies for the rest of our lives.  It doesn't end when we get out of the first few weeks of pregnancy.  Focus on the good things, spend your energy on things that you can control, look for the information that eases your mind, and try not to go looking for bad news if it makes you anxious. Good luck, I hope you can find some peace of mind.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think it's somewhat healthy or normal to have a little concern. But don't stress yourself. This is a special time. It goes by so fast you really want to enjoy every minute of it. After my first pregnancy I wish I had enjoyed pregnancy more. Yes there are unpleasant parts to it, but it's so magical. Just wait til you start to fee the little kicks, that will def ease your mind.
  • Options
    I think its normal to worry all the time. Im 13 weeks too and my sisters keep reassuring me that all will be ok. However, it doesnt make it any less harder. I just try to enjoy the things that make pregnancy great. It will go by fast hopefully & well look back & laugh at all the things we worried about.
  • Options
    I can relate.  I was worried sick the whole first tri...but as of this past weekend (hitting 13 weeks) and seeing the little peach on the screen this past Friday...I am over being worried! It can happen, just focus on today and enjoy. :)