Trying to Get Pregnant

Heartburn after coming off the pill

hi there, as this is my first month off the pill I am wondering if the heartburn I'm experiencing is linked to coming off the pill or my cycle? I never have heartburn, haven't ate anything different etc but this morning I've had painful heartburn. I think I should be getting my period in a few days time, would this be a pms symptom?

Thanks ladies

Re: Heartburn after coming off the pill

• Hi again @wishing22! I had silent reflex starting prenatal vitamins (I thought, unless it was from coming off BC). Mine was a lump in throat feeling so I switched to taking prenatals in am and it went away (not enough time to digest them before laying down). Did you recently start those? Still no af for me cd 38 now! Ugh!
  • I haven't actually taken mine for a few days! It probably has nothing to do with my cycle/coming off bc but you know what it's like, trying to spot everything! I'm day 26 so was hoping to be on time this month! Maybe this is your month and you'll not get af just a bfp unsteady! Fx for you!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @wishing22
    OMG you had that too!
    That exact thing happened to me right when I got of the pill lol that and many other side effects ever since I've been extra careful on what it is I consume. It's not a pleasant feeling at all my doc. Mentioned it was because I was of the pill and my body was trying to get "back to normal " I would drink a glass of silk milk or eat a yogurt TUMS DID THE TRICK TOO. but if it worsens I would make an appointment it COULD be something serious.
    I feel that once we are ttc we notice and pay more attention to our bodies.
    Good luck! @wishing22
  • Keep in mind you're hyper aware of what your body is doing.

It's more than likely your prenatal if you're taking one.
  • I always know when my period is coming because of the heartburn. It's my number one sign that I am about to start. 
  • I actually had a bout of bad heartburn (about 3 or 4 weeks) right after quitting bcps in October. It never occurred to me that it was related, but looking back it totally could've been. No way of knowing now, just that it wasn't prenatals because I've been taking them for 4 years.
    Me 37, DH 37
    Married since 4/2004
    DS born 1/20/16, Graeme
  • Thanks ladies!! I know it is partly that I am being super aware of anything that changes in my body but as I'd never had it before I wondered it it was connected. Thanks for the advice!
  • @wishing22 did af arrive? I've been thinking of you. Im still in the middle of the unknown cd46?!?!!! Ugh!