October 2015 Moms
Options

Gender reveal...

StefH1973StefH1973 member
edited April 2015 in October 2015 Moms
Hi ladies. So at the end of week 12, we just got our first trimester screen results ( we used Verifi). Baby is healthy (no genetic/chromosomal abnormalities) and we learned that we are having a girl! I was so excited to tell everyone, but wanted to do something fun. So I stopped at the bakery on my way home to pick up an assortment of pink desserts and arranged them on a cake stand to surprise my husband with the news. Then we sent an email message to our loved ones (everyone is across the country) to tell them that baby is healthy and used a picture of the dessert arrangement to reveal that we are having a "sweet baby girl". This is what we sent...

Great news! The genetic test results are in...Baby H is healthy! So now onto the next big question...Is Baby H a boy or a girl...

Drum roll please...

Baby H is a healthy....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sweet baby GIRL!!!!!!

We are simply overjoyed!

Much love,
Stef & Todd

I would love to hear what you all have planned for your gender reveal.

<a href=

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Gender reveal...

• Options
    We just found out we are having a girl. We are going to reveal it at the baby shower.
    CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    Congratulations! What is your due date?

<a href=

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm due October 5th :). When are you due?
    CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    I'm due October 7th, but who knows, we could end up delivering on the same day considering how close our due dates are. :)

I'm going to deliver in Alexandria, VA...you?

<a href=

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    anorthroanorthro member
    edited April 2015
    I'll deliver in Burlington, VT. :)
    CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    Wonderful! So how are you going to reveal the gender at the baby shower?

<a href=

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We are going to be dying eggs with all the kids/cousins at my in-laws house on Saturday. I plan on doing one in white crayon saying "it's a girl!" and dye it pink. Nothing too crazy, but I think everyone will enjoy it. Plus none of them know that we've already found out, so it will be an extra surprise!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats and how cute!!!  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married: 05/14/2011

DS Was Born: 02/10/2013

EDD: 10/19/2015

• Options
    Our gender reveal for Easter! It will be full of pink or blue balloons.
  • Options
    I asked my mom to come to my appointment to find out the sex of the baby....who then invited all her sisters and my uncle's wife. I'm not thrilled to have an entourage and it won't be a surprise to any of my family, but at least I get to surprise my boyfriend.
  • Options
    This is also my mom's first grandchild so she's beyond excited and doing the absolute most in every aspect lol
  • Options
    I did the Progenity test and found out at 11 weeks....we wanted to get cupcakes filled with pink or blue (we would have the dr send results directly to the bakery- my dr's idea!- so my husband and I would be surprised too), and then cut open our cupcakes together with our parents. However, I couldn't get ahold of the cupcake place on the phone that day so we finally decided we could just open the card from the doctor together- surprise!- and then just EAT normal cupcakes together haaha. I couldn't wait until the next day when the special order would have been ready! So we had my parents and hubbie's parents over at our house and my brother and his wife of facetime.... and we opened the envelop together....it's a girl!! And then we ate way too many cupcakes haha.
  • Options
    @StefH1973, we will most likely have a cake with either pink or blue cake so that when we cut into it, the sex of the baby will be revealed :).
    CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    Anorthro - what a cute way to do a gender reveal! I'm sure everyone will be excited and overjoyed! Let me know how it turns out... :)

<a href=

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    morganabyrdmorganabyrd member
    edited April 2015
    My BFFs just had their gender reveal and it was adorable! Our hubbies all played college baseball together, so it was even cuter for them. The party hostess filled a clear ornament with blue confetti and then painted it completely white - no blue showing. Mom pitched the ball to Dad, who hit it with a bat, just like a baseball. Confetti went everywhere and everyone cheered! Really special. :) Almost made me want to find out, but currently we still want to wait.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"