Trying to Get Pregnant

Is waiting 4 hrs as good as FMU?

There's a CHANCE that I could be pregnant, and I'm curious if you ladies think waiting 4 hours to pee and then take a test is as good as FMU?  I used to temp, and have gotten away from it the last few months... but this month I took OPKs, and Fertility Friend is using the results from the OPK and the averages from my prior temping cycles to basically tell me that I'm "late".

I'm stressing about taking the test already and how depressed I'm going to be if it's negative, so part of me would almost like to get it over with tonight.  But I always don't want to see a "false" negative because I didn't wait to test with FMU.

Thanks!  If I'm out this cycle, I'll be back to temping next month!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pain that you're feeling can't compare to the joy that's coming - Romans 8:18

DD born 6/20/2011

TTC#2 since Feb 2014
My Chart:

Re: Is waiting 4 hrs as good as FMU?

• Even if your FF info is a guestimate, what DPO are you? When you say "this early" how early are we talking?
  • I'm 12 DPO as of today(going by the OPK results), and I'm roughly 2 days late at this point. I know that temping is the only way to know for sure, so trust me I know this is all an estimate
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pain that you're feeling can't compare to the joy that's coming - Romans 8:18

DD born 6/20/2011

TTC#2 since Feb 2014
    My Chart:
  • Loading the player...
  • TGPlove said:

I'm 12 DPO as of today(going by the OPK results), and I'm roughly 2 days late at this point. I know that temping is the only way to know for sure, so trust me I know this is all an estimate

I POAS at 10 DPO after work (5 or 6 pm) and got my +. I knew I was 10 DPO from temping, though, so that helped. If I were you I'd go ahead and test. You can always test again in a week if you need to.
  • Thank you

DD born 6/20/2011

TTC#2 since Feb 2014
    My Chart:
  • If you think you can handle the results then I'd say go ahead and test. Without knowing exactly what day you're at you are risking that you're not as far DPO as you think which means you could get a neg even if you are in fact pregnant. If you're okay with having to test again in a few days/week anyway, then go for it. And yes, some tests do say that 4 hours is the same as FMU.
  • I pee on all the sticks. ;) I agree with pp. Test. You can always test again in a couple days
    ****************************************************************************************************
  • You are absolutely right. I can always test later! Thanks ladies!

DD born 6/20/2011

TTC#2 since Feb 2014
    My Chart:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"