May 2015 Moms

Work stressing me out

i know they want us pregnant ladies to be less stressed during pregnancy. What do I do when my job/managers are causing me the most stress in my pregnancy?

Re: Work stressing me out

• I feel for you.. my job has been my largest source of stress this pregnancy, and with only 3 weeks left until I'm off for the year, you think they would let me wrap up the 3 projects I have on the go (I'm a public relations manager) but no they keep adding more to my already very full plate!

I am such a perfectionist and love to stick to deadlines but I have developed a new attittude these past few weeks, I will do my best until the day I leave but whatever doesn't get done it's not the end of the world, my replacement can pick up where I left off because the most important thing right now is just focusing on my baby and making sure I keep him / her healthy especially after being diagnosed with GD last week)

Good luck and just remember in a few short weeks you will have your precious bundle of joy to make it all worth it :)
  • I totally understand. My job is very stressful and it is been very difficult to do while pregnant. As I get closer to my due date it's harder and harder to go in every day knowing how stressful it is.

We just bought a house and dealing with all of the house stress and stress about the baby is so much easier than dealing with work. I have a big presentation that is a week from my due date that I am working towards right now. I'm hoping that for some reason I won't be able to present because I can't even imagine what state I will be in at that point. Very stressful knowing that it's coming up in about a month.
  • Loading the player...
  • mamajama3mamajama3 member
    edited April 2015
    I totally feel you- I had to sit through a meeting with an employee yelling at HR this week (if I had it to do over again I would have put my foot down and told her to go home regardless of what HR advised out of respect for our workplace). I have two pieces of advice 1.) when the stressful stuff happens just put your mind on vacation, even if just for a brief moment, thinking about when you'll be off and not dealing with this BS while you're on maternity leave 2.) repeat this quote to yourself "not my circus, not my monkeys"- it's a Polish saying and it really makes you laugh and center when stuff gets unbearable at work. Don't let them get to you and, if it's a really really bad day, call out sick or go home sick if you can.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"