September 2015 Moms

Pregnant and weight loss surgery

jnlebean23jnlebean23 member
edited March 2015 in September 2015 Moms
I had weight loss surgery February 2014,
Im a FTM, at 16w3d. Anyone like me? I have lost 85lbs in that year and am still losing. I'm down 8lbs since being pregnant and my doctor doesn't seem to be worried. He does want me to gain in my second and third trimester, up to 20lbs. Which is just fine with me, I don't want to gain much more than that, if I do, then it's Ok. Just wondering if there is anyone else here like me.

Re: Pregnant and weight loss surgery

• I had RNY in July 2014. I am down 133 lbs and 16w 4d. I had an IUD in October that apparently didn't want to stay put, so voila... I'm pregnant. I've lost about 5lbs since finding out I was pregnant. None of my doctors are are concerned about my weight loss or gain. They said that as long as I am eating and maintaining then the baby is getting what he/she needs. I'm being monitored for fetal growth and the baby is growing right on target.
  • Thats pretty much what I've been told too. Congrats on your weight loss! I had GVS, I only had about 30lbs to go until I hit my goal. Im sure being a mom and breastfeeding will help me get back on track afterwards.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had rny I'm 2 1/2 years out this is my third pregnancy first after wls. I've gained 3 or 4 lbs already but I think it's water retention constipation and bloat lol. My due date is 11/4 but no one was commented on that board about wls. Just curious what test or recommendations you have received from your ob or surgeon about nutrition. I have not had any appointments with my surgeon. My ob hasn't even had blood drawn for vitamin levels. I've been doing prenatals calcium b12 and omega 3. I'm trying to get in about 1500-1800 cals and 60 grams of protien. I'm not even sure if that's enough. :(
  • My surgeon told me to try and get a minimum of 80g protein a day. My vitamin levels were tested when I first got pregnant and I was deficient in folates and vitamin D so on top of my prenatals I've been taking extra folic acid and vit D. I've also been drinking whole milk with added vit D. I've also added in more carbohydrates (whole grains) as I was keeping my carbs below 20g before. I'm 17 weeks and have gained around 10lbs so far. I was worried it was going to be much more!
  • I had rny 4 years ago. I haven't had my vitamin levels checked. My OB is aware of the surgery but hasn't brought it up since my first apt. I am 21 weeks and have gained 4 lbs so far but that's all been in the past few weeks so I'm concerned about gaining too fast. I try to keep mt calories 1700-1800 but somedays IV had as much as 2000. I take calcium, prenatal, b12. I'm started about 20 lbs overweight
  • Im like you ladies in regards to vitamins, but my doctor does do lots of blood work. So far so good, still down 10lbs and no bump. I eat about 300-400 more calories a day, over my 1000-1200 I regularly eat. I'm 19w4ds today. Keep us posted on your progress....!