Infertility

Any gals going through IVF in Minneapolis?

MonamdmsMonamdms member
edited April 2015 in Infertility

My TTC history:

December 2011: After TTC #1 since 01/11, we were diagnosed with severe MFI. DH  is low on everything. Sent off to a Urologist specializing in MFI

May 2012: DH diagnosed with Bi-lateral varicocele, all other hormone tests are normal. Thinking this may be our issue....and hopefully a fix!!! Varicocele repair scheduled.

August 2012: Varicocele repair has done nothing for sperm count/volume/etc. MFI is now unknown. Recommended we go straight to IVF-IUI was never an option given to us

Feb 2014: IVF/ICSI #1. 14 eggs retreived all fertilized with ICSI, 4 embryos, lost 2, transferred (2), day 3 blasts. Nothing left to freeze. BFN

Doc recommended we move on to donor sperm as our embryos were of very poor quality, and he stated its a sperm issue. Took a break. During this time, we found out we could try a micro-tese where they can go in to the testes to try and retrieve healthy sperm. We decide to try this option one last time.

April 2015: currently on BCP. Looking at a retrieval and micro tese surgery for DH May 1-4.

I just had my SIS and trial transfer done, today. I will be starting Lupron on April 16th, and stims April 23rd.

Re: Any gals going through IVF in Minneapolis?

• Sounds like a good plan! I myself would never use donor sperm or eggs, and I think it's good you are doing everything you can to reach your dream. Let us know how things end up for you!
  • Hi there fellow minnespolis dweller! I'm currently on bcp, doing egg retrieval end of April. There's a really great resolve support group in St. Paul I'd recommend, or pm me anytime. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck with all you are doing! 
    I am in Minneapolis as well. We are currently researching where and how to do IVF. We were set to try it with CRM in late summer, but are now rethinking and may try an out of country (Mexico) IVF cycle. 
    Me: 40, Hypothyroidism, well managed, TSH 1.99
    DH: 44 Fine except for low morphology
    TTC since 02/2013  
    08/13: Day 3 tests (ESTRADIOL 20.8; AMH 1.1; FSH 6.2)
    12/13 HSG, all clear
    11/13-5/14 - IUIs #1-3, BFNs, 
    6/14 to present: Taking a break, getting healthier, researching IVF
    Planning for IVF in late summer 2015

• I am also in the Twin Cities! We have done 3 IUI cycles (at a clinic in Woodbury where we had a terrible experience) and will do 3 more at CRM this summer or fall. If these fail, we will have no choice but to move into IVF, but we will have to explore non-traditional routes, like out of country, as @jaco0207 had mentioned. We have heard a lot of good things about Czech Republic.

Good luck!
    TTC since March 2013

HSG: Sept 2014, clear tubes

Dx: MFI - Low motility, morph, count (Aug. 2014); Hypothyroidism (May 2015)

Moved to IUIs October 2014

IUI #1 w/ injections:  Nov 2014- BFN

IUI #2 w/ injections:  Jan 2015- BFN

IUI #3.1 w/ injections:  Feb. 2015, cancelled due to cysts- 10 days BCP

IUI #3.2 w/ injections:  Feb/March 2015- BFN

IUI #4 w/ 100mg Clomid +  Injections:  August 2015- BFN

IUI #5 w/ 5mg Femara + Injections:  September 2015- BFN

IUI #6 w/ 5mg Femara + Injections:  October 2015 - Cancelled due low response

Moved to IVF May 2016 

Retrieved 18 eggs on 05/27/2016, 13 were ICSI'd, 9 made it to day-five transfer

Transferred 2 beautiful day-five embryos on 06/01/2016, froze 7

BFP 4dp5dt on 06/05/2016!  Line continued to darken beautifully!

EDD:  February 17, 2017

Beta #1:  92

Beta #2:  305 

Ultrasound #1 - one baby!

Ultrasound #2 - saw heartbeat!

LFAF Badges:

• Thank you! And good luck to you, as well. I have my baseline US scheduled on Wednesday, and hoping to start stims on Thurs.

• We had a failed cylce at CRM this time last year, but I do know a handful of couples that have had success with them after their IVF cycles. Hoping we just needed to "warm" up. @rere1234 sounds like we are about a week apart in our cycles. I'm looking at a retreival first week in May. Although we had a failed cycle with them, we have loved our experience with CRM. The nurses are great, and they are available when you need them. Scheduling the endless appointments, managing the long list of meds, and the overall stress, has been lessened, due to efficiency of the staff. Again, good luck to you all!!!