September 2015 Moms

Announced pregnancy to new employer...

I have seen a few threads going on about interviewing when pregnant and I was in the same boat, until I got a job offer last Friday. I didn't disclose I was pregnant during the interview. Today I had to meet with my new boss to discuss schedules and I made the announcement...I was so nervous. She looked pretty shocked at first, but seemed to come around and finally said congratulations. I'm just glad I got it over with!

Re: Announced pregnancy to new employer...

• I had the same problem, I told my new employer and was thrilled by their happy reaction!! It makes me look forward to working with them! Good luck to you!!
  • I'm glad you posted that. I was afraid to start looking for work. I'm more motivated now and think waiting on interview and telling during scheduling is an awesome idea.
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad to not be the only one in this situation. I interviewed for a couple positions and so far, have gotten one of them and start next week. It wrecks my nerves to think about having to drop that little bomb.
  • Mawmee said:

Glad to not be the only one in this situation. I interviewed for a couple positions and so far, have gotten one of them and start next week. It wrecks my nerves to think about having to drop that little bomb.

I'm in the same boat! I'm nervous too!
  • H just got a new job which we have to relocate for. I am anxious because I can't begin somewhere until my contract is up in June which gives me three months of work then maternity leave. Being in early childhood I hope they are more sympathetic.
    Books to read in 2015: 9/60
  • kjs08kjs08 member
    I've been job hunting since November after I moved for my DH's job and I found a temp position, but that's up in 4 weeks. I'm showing too so I'm really nervous about in person interviews since I can't really hide it anymore. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had to tell my boss and he was shocked as well
  • I just wish this wasn't something we had to worry about, you know?
  • I just wish this wasn't something we had to worry about, you know?

No kidding!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"