November 2015 Moms

Anybody else's small dogs not like to walk...??

i know this isn't totally related to all pregnancies but...my doctor said to watch my weight during my pregnancy because I am over weight..and I have been trying to walk more and stay on my toes and my chihuahua just hates being on a leash the first 15 minutes of the walk...unless he's on the leash coupler with my Pomerania mix..but she won't walk with him on it...anybody have or is having this same problem??

Re: Anybody else's small dogs not like to walk...??

• I have two Pomeranians and they won't walk. WILL.NOT. They act like you're trying to kill them. I am trying to walk more but walking on my own
  • After about 15 minutes he's fine...I thought about maybe trying to take him everyday but it's hard when I have 2 and my mom has 3 and they like to hear the word walk or when they leashes they get excited but with my chihuahua the excitement is short lived...I usually try to take them each on different day because walking all of them is not an option lol...but I can't seem to get him to like it once we start walking unless I have treats and I don't always want to have a treat bag with me...
  • Loading the player...
  • DogLoverX3DogLoverX3 member
    edited March 2015
    @pommom86 lmao!!! I have two poms. They walk with me, but when I'm not home, they hardly walk with hubby. Sometimes he says he ends up carrying 1! Which I wish I saw because that's hilarious!! They sure have strong opinions don't they!!!
  • I almost broke down and bought a stroller for dogs and decided that was dumb I'll just figure out how to make him walk lol
  • @oorl11052015 get a running one!!!
  • We are buying a Pom and I've been told it cries when you try to walk it. It might just be staying where it is. Plus it's house broken but not trained to go outside
  • DogLoverX3DogLoverX3 member
    edited March 2015
    My red Pom LOVES to walk. My sable one is looking for the closest route home the entire walk. Also, just a thought, they love going to the tennis courts at the park and playing fetch?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"