1st Trimester

Yolk Sac No heartbeat 6w1d

I had my first ultrasound today and the nurse couldn't find a heartbeat, she tried every way possible and all she could see was a yolk sac, she measured and nothing would come up to even give her an estimated measurement of how far I am. According to my lmp I am 6 weeks 1 day. I didn't get to talk to my doctor they scheduled me to come back on the 14th. I am worried even though the nurse said she thought everything was fine. I have read several stories about it could be to early for heartbeat, with my first child I was 7 weeks 1 day when we got an ultrasound and heard heartbeat. 
Has this happened to anyone else? 

Re: Yolk Sac No heartbeat 6w1d

• Maybe you ovulated later than you think. Was the fetal pole visible?
  • Yes it was.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's possibly a little too early :) did they schedule you for a follow up?
  • Yes I go the 14th! :) I try not to google things lol but I did and I read it said 6weeks is sometimes to early. Fingers crossed!!
  • Same thing happened at my first ultrasound 6w3d, turns out I was only 5w3d next ultrasound I heard the heartbeat
  • Will say a prayer for you! I know how hard it is not to worry, but do what you can to rest and stay distracted until the 14th.
  • I went in yesterday for my "confirmation "at 6 weeks 1 day.
    The midwife who did my exam said she thought I was farther along (by at least a month due to a 24 hour bleeding spell after my period in January. Lmp is Feb 16th) I didn't get an ultrasound but she used the doppler to check for a heartbeat and couldn't find one. The positive there was very clear and she felt the uterus so I go on the 14th as well for my first ultrasound :) tho she thinks I'm ahead I could be behind or it could be to soon to hear/see it. IV known a few people who haven't heard the heartbeat until 18 weeks along. Try not to stress over it and trust me I know it's hard not to.
    Good luck and beat of wishes to you!
  • The first heartbeat they could get on me through the doppler was at 16 weeks. My OB didn't even try until 12 weeks. Not finding the heartbeat at 12 weeks did result in a quick transvaginal u/s just to make sure everything was ok and we saw the heartbeat, but they either didn't or couldn't play any sound for it. I don't think my u/s's started having audio until I moved to the transabdominal ones. 
    Diane
    First Timer!
    EDD: 6-13-15
    Me: 34 Hubs: 37

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
                                                                    Jean-Luc                                   Unna       

• I will also have you in my thoughts and prayers. My 1st pregnancy ended in a mc at 6 w 1 day they did tranvag ultrasound and baby had a very slow hb. They told me to come back a week later, did another US and did not find a hb. This is my 2nd pregnancy at the beginning the doctor had said baby at 5 weeks had the yolk sac but no hb. I came back a week later baby had a hb but very slow she told me that this pregnancy may end. Im 26 weeks now and baby girl is just a miracle. Please dont stress easier said than done I know but it will only make things worse. I hope and pray everything turns out good for you.
  • Thank you all! Prayers to you guys as well!
  • I went in yesterday for my "confirmation "at 6 weeks 1 day.
    The midwife who did my exam said she thought I was farther along (by at least a month due to a 24 hour bleeding spell after my period in January. Lmp is Feb 16th) I didn't get an ultrasound but she used the doppler to check for a heartbeat and couldn't find one. The positive there was very clear and she felt the uterus so I go on the 14th as well for my first ultrasound :) tho she thinks I'm ahead I could be behind or it could be to soon to hear/see it. IV known a few people who haven't heard the heartbeat until 18 weeks along. Try not to stress over it and trust me I know it's hard not to.
    Good luck and beat of wishes to you!

Ok our stories sound so much a like. My lmp was Feb 16th and I go back the 14th too lol. I spotted very lightly March 15th I figured it was implantation spotting it wasn't a lot at all. My nurse kept asking me about my period in January if it was "normal" which I thought was odd but she never said why.
  • Any updates?