April 2015 Moms

Preeclampsia?

I'm 36 weeks, and I finally have my first internal exam with the dr today. Im at least 1 cm dilated, possibly 2. But baby is already in head down position, so the head was blocking my cervix. Iron is a bit low. Had to get last minute bloodwork bc blood pressure has been borderline high last few appts. And there was protein in my urine sample, so they're also checking for preeclampsia. If I do have preeclampsia, then I was be induced at 37 weeks, which is next week! If not preeclampsia but blood pressure remains high, then will be induced 38-39 weeks. I now have to collect my pee for 24 hours, and come back on Thurs to check for protein in that pee sample, get my blood pressure taken, and draw more blood again... Dr was concerned also that I had a headache on Sunday. Headaches, swelling of extremities, protein in urine, and high blood pressure are symptoms of preeclampsia.
Has anyone ever been diagnosed with preeclampsia before?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Preeclampsia?

• If you search preeclampsia I think you will find many people have discussed it recently. The search field is at the bottom of all the posts, as shown in the pic attached
  • I had it with my first, but it was diagnosed at 40w 2 d. Since I was past due they just went ahead with an induction.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had to do the 24 hr test with my first and had to do it twice with my second due to high blood pressure and I had to do it twice with my second when I was 36 weeks and if it came back they would have induced me also at 37 weeks. Mine came back as normal so hopefully yours does also, however the main the thing is getting you and baby safe and healthy and it can be pretty serious so relax and be sure to trust your doctor
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"