November 2015 Moms

Birth Photography...DH went cross-eyed!

I'm interested in having our baby's birth photographed and i've started looking into it since they generally only take a few moms per each month. I asked DH about it and he freaked out! lol saying he had never heard such a thing and didn't know how he felt about that....anyone else have this issue or hubbs not interested in birth being documented??

Re: Birth Photography...DH went cross-eyed!

• My husbands all for it and I say no cameras lol
  • wochawocha member
    Hi !
    I am a photographer and did a birth shoot once.. I didnt see anything between her legs ;) and i stayed in a distance. A good photographer makes shure she is not to "present" in the room..
    I really loved the results and was blessed to be part of such a miracle moment, i have to say a tear crossed my cheek :)

Good luck ! X
  • Loading the player...
  • I am interested I possibly doing it, I think it would be very cool. My husband is hesitantly supportive lol. Initially he thought it was crazy, but warmed up to the idea a little after I showed him examples on pinterest.
  • I agree the ones im interested in are so tasteful and stay out of the way. I'd like DH and I to be the only one's in the room and I don't want him grabbing for his phone at all! I just think it would be so nice to have documented!

• I love birth photography! Have you tried showing him any pictures?
    Mama Bear to Ollie, Leilah, and Lennon. Pregnant with Little Moo 2.0 (our rainbow baby). Due 02/14/2016.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm considering it, I'm finding a hard time finding one in my area though.

I'm mainly considering it because there is a 50-70% chance DH will be deployed
  • @moomee I haven't shown him yet but I plan on it tonight...I feel like I need to keep it a secret too because I mentioned it to a friend and now they want to be the ones taking the pictures...Oh no!

• I've never thought of this but looking at pictures I defiantly want s birth photographer.
  • We had one for each of our DD's and I will do it again with this one.  I really didn't feel it was intrusive, but it helps that the photographer is a good friend.  
  • I was talking to my sister about this very thing. And also the fact I only want my husband in the room. She isn't a professional, but we both have "professional" cameras (more than point and clicks) and she offered to do it for me. I am pretty sure that is the route I am going to go for 2 reasons- I trust her photography skills and if I do end up needing someone other than my husband for support she will be right there.

Husband is all for the birth pictures. Nothing of below the waist or weird, but of the beautiful moments of meeting your child for the first time. I want to remember everything and be able to share that with the child someday.
  •  I'm mainly considering it because there is a 50-70% chance DH will be deployed

I'd definitely talk to a photographer if that is the case, even just to say you're interested and to "pencil you in" if you can do that.  I wouldn't want to him miss out on the day being beautifully documented if hes not even able to be in the room.  I could imagine that would be one of the most important things to him if he does go.
    Married 8/12
    MC 4/15
    BFP 10/10/16

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • ecwyoder said:

I'm mainly considering it because there is a 50-70% chance DH will be deployed

I'd definitely talk to a photographer if that is the case, even just to say you're interested and to "pencil you in" if you can do that.  I wouldn't want to him miss out on the day being beautifully documented if hes not even able to be in the room.  I could imagine that would be one of the most important things to him if he does go.
    The issue is actually finding one in my area, Google has resulted in absolutely nothing and I've put out some emails to newborn photogs to see who they know. I found one doula company who does, but if I go the RCS route, I don't think they'll do that. I didn't see a single picture on their site that indicated they would.

Unfortunately it's one of those things where we won't have a set date until a month prior. But that's the life we chose.

Either way, it would be nice to have pictures although the thought of having pictures if something goes wrong like with my first delivery does weigh very heavily in mind.
  • Our doula took some great pictures last time. I'm hoping she will again.
  • This is something I 100% regret not doing with my first two kids. If you are thinking about it. Then do it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"