Trying to Get Pregnant

Ovulation Test

My husband and I have been trying for two months now to get the BFP with no luck. I figured I would go ahead and spend the money on ovulation test. Has anyone had any luck with these? If so, which brand? 

Re: Ovulation Test

• The only way to confirm ovulation from home is by temping.  OPK's only show a surge in LH which causes ovulation, but you can have several surges in a cycle.  I recommend you get the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility and a Basal Body Thermometer. OPK's can be helpful when used along with temping.  The Wondfo OPK's on Amazon are great and they are cheap.
    Me (23) & DH (26)
    TTC #1 since 2/2015
    BFP 2/26/15    |     EDD 11/4/15     |     Natural M/C 3/11/12 @ 6 weeks
    BFP 6/17/15    |     EDD 2/26/15     |     Empty Sac 7/13/15  @ 7 weeks     |    D&C 8/10/15
    BFP 11/26/15  |     EDD 8/9/16       |     Natural M/C 12/2/15 @ 4 weeks
    BFP 1/4/16      |     EDD 9/8/16       |     It's a BOY!                                      |     Hudson born 9/16/16
    Working with RE to begin infertility testing 12/2015

• I just like the target brand daily tests.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto what @mrsgillham14 said. A positive OPK will only tell you that you might ovulate in the next 12-36 hours. It indicates that it's a good time to have sex. But it doesn't confirm that you actually have ovulated. It's possible to have multiple surges of the hormone the OPK detects in a cycle.

So, if you're going to use them without also temping, I recommend you continue to use them even after you've gotten a positive - that way if your first surge doesn't result in ovulation, you won't miss the second (or third or fourth...) one.

I don't use them myself, so I can't recommend a brand. But whichever one you choose, read the directions carefully. Some want you to use first morning urine, some want you to use second morning urine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"