September 2015 Moms

15 weeks. down 12 pounds.

Anyone else losing weight? I started overweight and have lost 12 pounds since becoming pregnant. Im having a lot of food aversions, nausea, and occasional vomiting. Im still keeping must things down, so nutrition and dehydration arent a worry. Since becoming pregnant coffee and pop make me queasy. Bananas and grapes are on my good list. I can only eat about the same amount as my 3 year old. My doc isnt concerned. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?

Re: 15 weeks. down 12 pounds.

• Hi yes I'm 15w2d and have lost 12 pounds as well. Started out overweight. My midwife has no concerns and said I'll probably gain back some of it after 20 weeks. I'm having trouble eating most things and eating regular portions as well. I end up eating about a handful of food every hour. To be honest I'm sort of relieved about it because I had a horrible fear of gaining tons of weight during pregnancy as I am already overweight. Glad to know others are experiencing similar things, sometimes I feel like the odd one out!
  • I'm 17 weeks and I've lost 6 pounds. The doctor said if I don't start gaining weight soon I might have to be hospitalized. Just keep hydrated. Drink Gatorade and water. Hopefully you'll start gaining weight soon. I wish you the best!
  • Loading the player...
  • I also began my pregnancy overweight and have lost some.  At my 16 week appointment I was down 11 pounds.  I asked my OB if I should be concerned and she said, for my beginning weight, it was okay to remain steady or even drop a few pounds during the first half of the pregnancy.  

CafeMom Tickers

• The thing is, that I think its actually ok if I just maintain my weight, I'm considered obese and had gestational diabetes with my first pregnancy. It's all the talk of "you'll gain weight soon" that makes me feel like I'm screwing this up. My husband, who helps me monitor (for lack of better words) my food, isn't worried. My doc isn't concerned as long as I'm drinking water and eating right.
  • Yes, I am 16 weeks today and I am down 16 pounds. My doctor wasn't worried at all as long as I was able to keep liquids down. I am finally getting an appetite back so I expect to start gaining soon. It may not seem like it because you can't eat much but baby will get everything they need :)
  • katerz9 said:

My doc isn't concerned as long as I'm drinking water and eating right.

Then listen to your doctor and relax! ;)  It sounds like you're focusing on being healthy.  As long as you're getting the baby the nutrients he or she needs, I say you're doing just fine, mama!

CafeMom Tickers

• I'm overweight also and have always lost 15-20 pounds with all 3 of my pregnancies during the first half. The last half of the pregnancy is usually when I start to gain 10-15 pounds back. My doctor has never been concerned about it and I personally don't mind it either! During my last pregnancy, I weighed less when I went to the hospital to give birth than I did when I got pregnant! ;))
  • I have finally started to gain but ive had friends who lost until well into the second trimester. Its hard to eat when you feel awful! Keep your head up and trust the doc
  • 14 weeks and still down 8 lbs. MS still likes to haunt me.
    *Siggy Warning*

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • shelbyddshelbydd member
    edited April 2015
    I'm 17 weeks tomorrow and originally dropped 6 lbs, I'm now up 4 from that which makes me still 2 lbs down from my pre-pregnancy weight. Not quite as much as some of yall but my BMI was 36 so for me to lose weight during this time isn't a concern. Doctor suspects I'll likely gain some during the 3rd trimester but if I continue the way I am it won't be much. Maybe 10 lbs or so.
  • I know I should not be jealous. But I'm a little jealous.
  • Me, I went today and I was down another 3.6, putting me at 14lb loss.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Almost 20 pounds and mind you im a skinny girl to begin with ! But I'm getting it back now
  • crazeekatescrazeekates member
    edited April 2015
    I have lost 25 pounds since finding out I was preggo. I was 75-90 pounds over weight at that point. I was diagnosed early for gestational diabetes and have cut out soo much sugar and carbs and started walking every day. My Drs aren't concerned at all. I finally have a real reason to eat better that I can't ignore. I'm hopeing to keep up the good work after I give birth. Maybe I'll be a total milf, or maybe I'll eat every single carb that I've been denying myself. All I really know is that I would cut a b* to have a cinnamon roll right now... But my baby's health is way more important.
  • Thanks everyone. Im glad im not alone. Everything says "you've gained about X lbs so far" and uh well, I haven't. Bpv, this thread came about because of all the "how much have you gained??" Posts. I was feeling a bit jealous. Crazeekates, GD blows. Having to suddenly change your diet is hard. Kudos to you for toughin it out. I know how it feels to want a cinnamon roll that bad. Im hoping this starting of with weight loss will help me avoid GD this time. At your rate of weight loss, milf status should come easy, haha.
  • I'll be 15 weeks on Thursday and I've lost 10 lbs so far!!
  • I'm 15wks today and was down 13lbs at my appointment on Friday. Dr. Was ok with it. She knows I've been really nauseous but also eating better. She said "babies are like parasites. They will get their nutrients first."

The only time in my life that I've ever lost weight and my pants get tighter!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"