November 2015 Moms
Options

How soon did you start showing?

im about 9 weeks and I feel like I'm already showing... Anyone else?

Re: How soon did you start showing?

• Options
    What @jjr1214 said. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm short, no torso, I still didn't show until about 15 weeks with my first.

My second pregnancy, that's a different story. I "show" but I know it's bloat and past bump from my first. At 9 weeks your ute is still behind your bone.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you ladies I'm sure I'm just bloated. Prob to much Gingerail.... Lol
  • Options
    LSRooLSRoo member
    15-16 months. No one is showing yet. Baby is tucked behind your pelvic bone. Right now you might be experiencing bloat which sometimes make you feel like you have a bump.
  • Options
    With my first it became a definite baby bump around 16 weeks. This time my bloat is in the lovely shape of a bump already, assuming because I am already used to stretching in that shape now.

*YCSWU June Siggy*

DS Born May 5th, 2012

Baby #2 due November 19th, 2015

• Options
    With my first I felt like I was showing around 14-15 weeks but looking back at pictures I didn't really look pregnant until about 19-20, before that I just looked a little chubby.
  • Options
    I started showing a little around 14-15 weeks, by 20 weeks I definitely looked pregnant, but not huge. Wearing maternity clothes that accentuate the bump help make it clear that it's a bump in those ambiguous weeks.
  • Options
    I was prepregnancy size 4-6 and wasn't obviously pregnant to strangers until 25ish weeks. It's really not all that it's cracked up to be.
  • Options
    Kanne0729Kanne0729 member
    edited March 2015
    Looking back at pictures from my first pregnancy, this was six years ago so it's hard to remember, it looks like I started showing around 17 weeks, but even then it was just a tiny bump and I am pretty tiny myself. Subsequent pregnancies around 13-14 weeks, but even then it was really only noticeable to me.

eta: Now looking back at more pictures from my first child it looks like I didn't actually get huge until about 27 weeks. I even captioned one of the pictures that I couldn't believe how big I thought I looked at 20 weeks because that was nothing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I didn't show until about 5 months with my first. I hear you show a lot faster with the second... but i'm not exactly skinny so who knows when i'll look pregnant and not just fat. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    amh0411712amh0411712 member
    edited March 2015
    I didn't show until about 16-18 weeks with my first pregnancy, which was twins. I'm curious how this one will go. I'm short and have a small torso.
  • Options
    I started showing around 12 weeks with my DD but now I'm overweight so I probably won't show until much later this time is my guess
  • Options
    And by the way with my first I really didn't show until 6 1/2 months sooner with my second than had a miscarriage and now pregnant again.
  • Options
    I didnt look pregnant until my 5th month with my first but everyone says #2 shows quicker than the first.
  • Options
    I'm petite and didn't really show until about 5 months. Then I basically went from little food baby to basketball theif.
  • Options
    At 8 weeks and I am petite and I look severely bloated, pear shape too so I always had a small tummy and I think since my uterus is the size of a grapefruit it's showing, but no baby bump.
  • Options
    I'm very petite too and thought people would be able to tell right away with my first but they didn't. I felt very bloated during my first trimester last time. Mostly in the beginning. People couldn't tell I was pregnant until I was about 6mo. I also delivered in March last time so I was pregnant during the winter which meant heavier clothing so that covered up my bump a bit. I could see the bump myself when I had no clothes on at around 16 weeks or so.
  • Options

This is not true. I'm on my third and only seven weeks and I am showing like crazy!

You definitely show sooner with every new baby. I was pregnant with my first and DH's cousin was pregnant with her third only three weeks apart and everyone thought she was close to delivering and that I wasn't pregnant. I eventually caught up but your abdominal muscles loosen up with each pregnancy and unless your a work out maniac, you'll show sooner next time. I know I will this time!
  • Options
    LSRooLSRoo member
    edited April 2015

Even if it is just bloat and it makes her look pregnant, isn't that "showing"?

No. There is a huge difference between a pregnant belly and a bloat belly. Bloating is much bigger and uncomfortable to us then it is to be outside world.
  • Options
    It was soon after first trib so I'm guessing 14/15 weeks
  • Options

First off, my dr had said differently. She thought I was 8 or 9 weeks two week as ago by my uterus size. But thanks for your input! Dr Kanne!

I'm just stating the truth. I'm sorry that you can't see that. Even if you were 8 or 9 weeks you still wouldn't be showing, but nice try.

• Options
    With my first the bump came out at 5 months.
  • Options
    blonddnyc said:

first pregnancy by 11/12 weeks, and now my second pregnancy i am 6 weeks and already in my maternity work pants. you show much faster with the second. i cant wear a thigt shirt to work or people will definitely think somethings up... and im only 6weeks! i dont think i will be able to "hide" it til 12wks!

I am right there with you!

• Options

Wether a baby bump or bloat, it's showing, it's a change in your body. I don't care if I'm showing bloat or baby, I'm showing something because I'm pregnant, if I wasn't pregnant the bloat wouldn't be there. To the OP, it was a good question. This is my 3rd and my bloat baby bumps were making my pants tight by 8 to 9 weeks ;)

I bloat when I have PMS so am I "showing" then?